Resolved Express Card Slot adaptors

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Macman45, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Macman45, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Can anyone recommend a good adaptor for the 35mm express card slot in my macbook pro 17"?

Looked at Moshi, Sonnet etc...want something fast and reliable, and hopefully that won't break the bank!

2. simsaladimbamba, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

simsaladimbamba

But what do you want to connect to the MBP?
    eSATA, audio, more Firewire, more USB, USB 3.0, ....?

For instance, I got a Sitecom eSATA adapter for 15 € and two eSATA / USB 2.0 docks for 20 € each for my 2009 17" MBP, and the 2009 MBP was prone to not having luck with expensive eSATA adapters, so I just gave it a shot and downloaded Mac OS X drivers from SiS (or so). Despite some initial kernel panics (my MBP has them a lot now), it works just fine, and with the correct HDD, I get speeds of up to 115 MB/s.

3. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

High Capacity

SD and ACHD cards (different sizes) the video cards are 32GB, the smaller SD's max out at 8GB

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Sonnet has one that does the high capacity SD cards (the largest I have right now is 16GB). It also is flush with the side of the MBP (when empty), which is very nice if you like to leave it installed as I do.

5. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Thanks For The Info.

I was leaning towards the Sonnet, and yes I would leave it installed so flush fitting is ideal....I will order one now. Thanks for the help:)

6. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Managed To Track One Down

Here in the UK for £21.00 delivered....First time I've had to blow Amazon out for quite a while....They want £42.00! Double. I might phone them to check it's not an error on the page.