Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shelt

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
NorCal
FYI, you can put almost any global stocks, foreign exchange, interest rates, or commodities quotes in the Yahoo stock widget. You just need to make sure you append the correct exchange. Here are some examples:

Euro/USD: EURUSD=X

WTI Oil: CLV08.NYM (V08 = October 2008 Futures Price on Nymex)
Copper: HGV08.CMX (Oct 08 Copper on Comex)
Gold: GCV08.CMX (Oct 08 Gold on Comex)

10-yr US Treasury: ^TNX
5-yr US Treasury: ^FVX

Tat & Lyle (London): TATE.L

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
did anyone notice "Import SIM Contacts" idk if it was mentioned in this thread but i didnt feel like scrolling all the way through

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
That's not in there yet? Wow.

How many texts can you receive before the inbox is full??

They upgraded the amount substantially, I think by 5 or 10,000.

Idk, but all I know is that they increased the number substantially because I left a few convos open for months and didn't get the near capacity message.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
They upgraded the amount substantially, I think by 5 or 10,000.

Idk, but all I know is that they increased the number substantially because I left a few convos open for months and didn't get the near capacity message.

ok cus I usually have to delete all on my current phone [i get a warning to delete messages around 215 texts.], usually every other day or so.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Hopefully there will be a Delete All for texts as well :D

I'm actually hoping for a way to delete individual SMS messages. Right now you can delete an entire conversation, but not single texts. There's some stuff in a conversation I may want to keep, but then there's a TON that I'd like to delete -- but there's no way to get rid of some without getting rid of all, which sucks.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks for all the pics, and although it is only a small feature, I am glad for the categorized calendars showing in the calendar application.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
i dont understand why theres now portrait video:confused: is it just to say they have it?:apple:

It's just like how people want landscape typing. Personal preference.

What is the "Fetch New Data" setting?

That's the same thing as "Auto-Check". They just renamed it to Fetch.

So how are you taking screenshots? You surely don't have it Jailbroken...:eek:

Power and Home...it's a new feature in 2.0.

Utterly redundant. Steve Jobs would have never approved this.

Some people like having a Contacts icon. Personal preference. Course it'd be better if we could remove it...

Hopefully there will be a Delete All for texts as well :D

Well, you could just swipe then delete :/. I think individual message delete is more in demand.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
FYI, you can put almost any global stocks, foreign exchange, interest rates, or commodities quotes in the Yahoo stock widget. You just need to make sure you append the correct exchange. Here are some examples:

Euro/USD: EURUSD=X

WTI Oil: CLV08.NYM (V08 = October 2008 Futures Price on Nymex)
Copper: HGV08.CMX (Oct 08 Copper on Comex)
Gold: GCV08.CMX (Oct 08 Gold on Comex)

10-yr US Treasury: ^TNX
5-yr US Treasury: ^FVX

Tat & Lyle (London): TATE.L

Wow, thanks! I've been crying out for a currency convertor and its effectively been there all the time. damnit!

d.mcdgll

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2008
Photoshop CS4?!??!???

First of all I didn't know there was a CS4, where have I been? So I just looked it up aaaand all these sites are claiming CS4 (possibly named "Stonehenge"?) is only for Windows... not Mac. But it's shown here on the iPhone?

Second - I'll be new to the iPhone come July, so I'm wondering... was Photoshop able to go on the original iPhone? The program is so large as is, would it be a smaller application size?

:confused:

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
how well does tabs work on the new iPhone software? I hate that certain tabs white out when not useing them for like 2 min.

sdd4

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2007
That seems an entirely reasonable arguement to me, and it'll replace Stocks on my front screen.

Good phone UI design is all about reducing the numbers of presses to common functions.

Phazer

That's exactly what I do. Honestly, I reference my Contacts list regularly, and I've trained myself to solely tap that button. Makes things much easier, since my Phone application usually sits on the "Recent Calls" window.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Photoshop CS4?!??!???

First of all I didn't know there was a CS4, where have I been? So I just looked it up aaaand all these sites are claiming CS4 (possibly named "Stonehenge"?) is only for Windows... not Mac. But it's shown here on the iPhone?

Second - I'll be new to the iPhone come July, so I'm wondering... was Photoshop able to go on the original iPhone? The program is so large as is, would it be a smaller application size?

:confused:

Er...you're confused.
There's no CS4 for the iPhone. What you're seeing is a screen of an earlier macrumors news item.

The screen you're seeing is a demonstration of the new 2.0 iPhone software's ability to save an image from a webpage.

d.mcdgll

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2008
Er...you're confused.
There's no CS4 for the iPhone. What you're seeing is a screen of an earlier macrumors news item.

The screen you're seeing is a demonstration of the new 2.0 iPhone software's ability to save an image from a webpage.

HAHAHAHA! I keep finding new and interesting ways to be a total flake. Thanks for that... and yes, I was very confused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.