Extra Charger

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MrXiro, May 8, 2015.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Has anyone picked up an extra charger? I was debating getting an extra cable (the shorter one) from Apple for work and travel.

Seems a bit pricey though for $29, but of course it's Apple so it always seems pricey.

2. Nellonello macrumors newbie

I did. I never like having only a single charger. I also grabbed the shorter version.

3. Diginari macrumors regular

I spend most of my time in the office, so it made sense for me to order a spare. It arrived a few days after release day, my watch has not even arrived yet! haha

4. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I ordered an additional longer one. I wish it was shorter. I didn't know the included charger would be longer! :D

FWIW, I have yet to use the additional charger. I put it in my bag to carry each day when I first got it, but have learned that it never needs a charge during the day. (And neither does my phone now that I use the watch for so much!)

5. metacove1 macrumors member

I picked up the shorter one in store. I already have a long one from my watch purchase.

6. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I did. I have used it work a few times when my battery is sub 50% and I know I am working out later that afternoon. I just throw it on the charger for 30 minutes while doing office work and I am good to go for the rest of the day!

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

8. spikerules macrumors regular

I bought a 2m spare and I'm glad I did. The watch battery seems to have degraded after on 2 weeks...

9. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I bought the shorter one for travel and camping as well, along with another power adapter. Long one can stay at home on my nightstand so I don't have to disconnect it every time I go away.

I may return the power adapter, because then I bought an Anker 5-port charger so that I don't have to carry multiple power adapters and use multiple outlets when I'm traveling.

10. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

Since I built stands for our watches, I NEEDED an additional charger that I wouldn't have to remove from the stand for when I travel.

11. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Anyone else waiting for some bright spark to invent a magnetic charging puck that plugs onto the end of a normal lightning cable.....

12. wdfly macrumors regular

i got one weeks ago but i always like to have a spare.

13. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

I bought one for work but ended up taking it back home, don't really need cause the battery is better than expected.

14. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I also ordered an extra (small one) for travel. Eventually my stand will arrive, and I don't want to have to remove the charger from that once it's permanently set up on my dresser.

15. Unconsoled macrumors regular

I bought one to leave at work in case I need it but I have yet to open it. I put it on at 5 am and off at 9pm and haven't gotten below 45% yet.