Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merc669

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2006
Southern MD, USA
I travel alot and was wondering which version of EyeTV should I buy to support NTSC/PAL ,etc. And if so who in the US carries this version? I am just hearing about this and sometimes I wish I could record a program I saw in Japan or Italy and bring back to show the wife. Thanks!

Bill Sends....

Grasbak

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2006
UK
do you get TVTV subscription if you buy from US?

question in the title really....

also, my TVTV subscription lasts till Jan '09 will the year that comes with eyeTV extend it to Jan '10 or start from when I install 3?

didnt seem to say on the elgato site....

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
question in the title really....

also, my TVTV subscription lasts till Jan '09 will the year that comes with eyeTV extend it to Jan '10 or start from when I install 3?

didnt seem to say on the elgato site....

I think you only get the TVTV subscription with new hardware. So buying 3 to upgrade from 2 does not get you another year.

Grasbak

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2006
UK
I think you only get the TVTV subscription with new hardware. So buying 3 to upgrade from 2 does not get you another year.

Upgrade to EyeTV 3
EyeTV 2 software must already be installed for this upgrade to work.
Over 15 exciting enhancements to the award-winning EyeTV software including an intelligent EPG search, smart folders, automatic disk space management, multiple channel lists, sharing of recordings over a network, and much more. Comes with a free one-year subscription to tvtv valued at 19.80 euros

I copied the above from the elgato website - seems like you do get a year for the upgrade....

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Upgrade to EyeTV 3
EyeTV 2 software must already be installed for this upgrade to work.
Over 15 exciting enhancements to the award-winning EyeTV software including an intelligent EPG search, smart folders, automatic disk space management, multiple channel lists, sharing of recordings over a network, and much more. Comes with a free one-year subscription to tvtv valued at 19.80 euros

I copied the above from the elgato website - seems like you do get a year for the upgrade....

OK, I must have missed that when I upgraded...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.