EZDecline - Tweak that adds "Accept" / "Decline" to incoming calls

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by F123D, Oct 26, 2010.

1. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Haven't tested it out myself yet but just saw a new tweak in Cydia called EZDecline. Instead of the "Slide to Answer" only option during an incoming call. This tweak changes it to "Accept" "Decline". Could be a very useful tweak.

Oh yeah, it's .99 cents.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If I want to decline a phone call when it says Slide to Answer, I just hit the sleep button twice and it declines the call.

3. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Yeah man geez I can't believe a developer wants a WHOLE DOLLAR for this tweak. Especially when we could have just done it ourselves......... right?

Such nerve.

5. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Shut it.

Most of cydia apps used be free pre 4.0. :rolleyes:

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

[​IMG]

as for the app: the slide to answer I believe only appears when the iPhone is locked; when in use it gives you those same options of answer or decline... you can press the volume button and let it keep ringing w/ sound or press the vol button + lock button for busy signal (if I'm not mistaken)

7. choice macrumors regular

This app/mod should be free. Sorry won't be helping the dev on this one...

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    Simple tweaks like that should be free or donate IMO.
    I'd rather just click the power button anyway.
    The way it goes we're going to start paying for openSSH and Sbsettings:D

9. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Personally I don't know why anyone would decline a phone call, that would just make the person call back because they know you're there. If you want to ignore them, then hit the volume button or sleep/wake button once just so it stops ringing, which lets it go to voicemail. I would not pay for a tweak that I can already do myself.

10. hypernado macrumors newbie

My opinion:
    You people are cheap Sons of bitches. I mean, really. One dollar. One. Dollar. You'd pay more than that to get a bag of chips. Either buy it, make a better version yourself (heh, that'll happen, noobs), or shut the eff up. Your choice.
    Get a job, hobos,
    Zapp.

11. LinMac macrumors 65816

I bought MyWi and My3G because they're elegantly implemented applications that do a significant amount for their prices. MyWi needs WPA and My3G could be cheaper, but all in all I think I've gotten my money's worth. Unfortunately for the jailbreak developers, most of the small tweaks just aren't worth $0.99. Would I pay $0.20 for EZDecline? Maybe.

A prime example of this problem is multifl0w. I love the application, but I can't justify the cost when the current task manager works just fine. It is unfortunate, but we have come a long way since the 1.x jailbreak days.

12. LinMac macrumors 65816

It isn't about not being able to afford a dollar. It is the never ending $0.99 price tag attached to every small tweak anyone puts out.

13. hypernado macrumors newbie

Wrong. It is about people losing their justification of money. Is 99 cents really that much? I mean, for anything? I see your point, but the average person buys, say, 5 tweaks? Give or take? If each is .99, that's only 4.95. Really that ridiculous? I think not.

14. LinMac macrumors 65816

Wrong. It is about overpriced software. Let's be clear. The App Store run by Apple has amazing software for $0.99. EZDecline is essentially a simple tweak that adds buttons. It isn't a fully developed game with custom artwork.

I understand the economies of scale. WiFi Sync is a bargain for $9.99. MyWi is a godsend at $19.99. My3G is even good for the meager price, but let's not get confused. These software packages are elegantly implemented and add something difficult to program. They're top notch A list titles for the price.

Most of the $0.99 tweaks aren't worth the $0.99 and all it does is discourage people from jailbreaking. Yeah, we love free software. It is true. And it isn't the price itself so much as every single time you want to tweak your phone in some small way: $0.99 or more.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not the pricetag is just the point of charging for something minimal like that IMO. There's tons of "useless" and tiny tweaks like that for example Auto3G.
    So just because they're all only 99 cents we're supposed to be buying them all and not voice our opinions I guess:rolleyes:
    MyWi, 3Gunrestrictor, Bitesms and many other usefull packages are well worth the money IMO, this one is not thats all.

16. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I'd pay $.99 if someone made a tweak to answer calls at the lock screen with a home button press so I didn't have to take off my glove in winter.

17. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I'd buy that for a dollar!!

Attached Files:

18. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

That's the nicest name I've been called all day! :) TY!

19. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Bought it, installed it but can now see why this isn't a standard feature. Most of us keep our iPhone in pocket and when someone calls you it's helluva easy, in the midst of things, to push the wrong button.

Uninstalled

20. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I'm speaking for myself but I think others agree that one dollar is not much for a Cydia package. This one isn't even worth that. You can literally do the same thing by pressing the power button. Why pay for something that already exists as a standard feature and is just as easy to use?

When you hold the power button to turn off the phone it says "slide to power off". Would you pay $1 for a button, to replace the slider, that does the same thing? I wouldn't.

21. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Wow, you don't see too many RoboCop references. I haven't watched that movie in years. :)

22. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

I rarely make purchases off of Cydia, I believe I've only bought one thing. The reason is because my iPhone may not always be jailbroken; there's no reason to spend money on something that I may not have available on my phone at all times.

23. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I am not sure I would want this tweak. I mean, isn't slide to answer supposed to prevent accidental answering/ignoring of calls while in the pocket or removing from your pocket? I guess some people might like this, but I don't really have a problem using the sleep button to ignore calls.

24. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Indeed. He wants them both, as they've had their shots.

Damn, I can quote that entire movie, line for line. :D

25. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

Exactly, this. Plain and simple