Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
The sheeple using this crap need to learn the truth the hard way.
This cancer to human kind needs to be gotten rid of once and for all.

I remember how big MySpace was... I never really understand why it died off so suddenly and Facebook hasn’t. Better name?

ElectricPotato

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2018
Seattle
How can this be? Zuckerberg is a cup filled to overflowing with the very cream of human goodness. His selfless endeavors made the world a better place. Blessed be his name.

Reactions: Substance90

MoreRumors?

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2018
I deleted my account and not looking back. FB will continue to survive and they should thank many who still keep their accounts active as FOMO is a real phenomenon.

JetTester

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2014
A board of directors that doesn't fire Zuckerberg is leaving itself open for all kinds of lawsuits. Cut the head off the snake, PLEASE!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Honestly, it’s things like this that make me really satisfied that I never use any type of social media, especially Facebook. I know of others who have either disabled their Facebook accounts or are moving away from social media altogether, and rightfully so given Facebooks/Zuckenbergs behavior.

AgentOSX

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2017
Hollywood
You going facebook so you can share cat videos and baby pictures.

They use that "permission" to invade every single aspect of your life and sell everything about you to anyone... that Zuck wants.

The Western World needs to make one simple legal change. All personal information is copyrighted and trademarked, and must be licensed for use. Any amalgamator MUST get permission on a case-by-case and byte-by-byte basis for all collected information. And then fully disclose what information they got, where they got it from, and where they want to apply it. And at any time with no response or permission from the individual, the information MUST be destroyed.

Then we can go back to "F'n Chucky" and cat videos. The world will be better off.

iGobbleoff

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2011
Why aren't they burned into the ground yet? With everything going on, surely someone in power has the smarts to end Facebook for once and for all.

Reactions: tridley68

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
If Apple truly cared about privacy they’d ban Facebook from the App Store.

Nobody is forcing you to sell your soul to Satan (Zuckershmucker), people are doing it voluntarily. I quit FB years ago to the shock of friends and family... whose laughing now bitches?

Reactions: tridley68

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
The sheeple using this crap need to learn the truth the hard way.
This cancer to human kind needs to be gotten rid of once and for all.

" . . the discovery of the Facebook virus is one of the greatest revolutions that has taken place in the world. The battle in which we are engaged today is of the same sort as the battle waged, during the last century, by Fleming and Salk. How many diseases have their origin in the Facebook virus! ... We shall regain our health only by eliminating Zuckerberg and his ilk."

Reactions: B4U

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
People seem to think that there is a one to one relationship with the data Facebook has concerning what you personally have uploaded or viewed or liked/disliked and the data that Facebook has about you. There isn’t.

First, it also has whatever anyone else has posted about you, whether you know they did or not.

Then they have public data. You had to give a name/address and with that data FB can track where you have lived, perhaps where you went to school, how expensive and how old your house and car is at least via tax value, many times you can get who the-immediate family is and more.

The real gold mines are other companies databases. Everyone buys and cross checks people against as many databases as they can. Stores, service companies and Credit Card companies all have and sell data about you. And Facebook does the same. It buys their data, combines it with their own, and resells it. Banks don’t give out personal information but they will sell your credit score. Same with Credit Cards from stores, and they WILL sell data on what you purchase with other companies.

Just because you didn’t post it doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
You going facebook so you can share cat videos and baby pictures.

They use that "permission" to invade every single aspect of your life and sell everything about you to anyone... that Zuck wants.

The Western World needs to make one simple legal change. All personal information is copyrighted and trademarked, and must be licensed for use. Any amalgamator MUST get permission on a case-by-case and byte-by-byte basis for all collected information. And then fully disclose what information they got, where they got it from, and where they want to apply it. And at any time with no response or permission from the individual, the information MUST be destroyed.

Then we can go back to "F'n Chucky" and cat videos. The world will be better off.

There are already people on it, it won't take a decade before the internet will change ( internet reboot 2.0), IIRC the original person/persons which "invented" the current internet said exactly what you said, your information should be yours only.
We should have always on (*ARM) computers at home with our personal data, you decide to share it with people.

*Low annual energy cost.

It still amazes me that seemingly intelligent people use Facebook or any social crap.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
We're constantly reminded not to post anything online that we wouldn't want everyone else to see.

Is there a version of that advice for a business, like "never send an internal memo that you wouldn't want the public to see?"

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Are you not rich enough Zuckerberg? Sell your stock and let it burn. The whole of FaceBook can go to hell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.