Facebook for iPad is Coming SOon

iPhoneHome

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Yesterday I heard from a very reliable source that the Facebook for iPad app has been submitted and is currently waiting the Steve Jobs nod of approval. Take it with a grain of salt but I'm pretty positive that it's a go.

Btw, my Facebook iPhone app has been acting strange all day with error messages and such..not sure if this is related.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
What a shame.

Now my kids will be bugging me to take the iPad for hours at a time.

Facebook is a plague.

Coukos34

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
This is good news. The full page works great on the iPad, it's just the fact that you cant upload pics....this is something that needs to be fixed in the OS and soon. Seems like it would be a simple thing (you can do it within apps) but what do I know......

iPhoneHome

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
is anybody else getting the errors while using facebook on the iphone as well...just curious.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Errors in what manner? Facebook seems to be working fine for me today. Anyway, I hope you're right. I need Tweetie, Facebook and Beejive apps for the iPad for me to be happy. I'm surprised IM+ is the only multiple network IM client out and it's been over a month since the iPad release.

iRabbit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
This is good news. The full page works great on the iPad, it's just the fact that you cant upload pics....this is something that needs to be fixed in the OS and soon. Seems like it would be a simple thing (you can do it within apps) but what do I know......
You can upload photos to your Facebook via email.

Personally, i think the Facebook app is a waste until it's easier to switch between apps. Using Atomic Web, it's much easier to just keep Facebook open in an alternate tab.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Umm helloo? Can't use chat.
I think you can with atomic browser. If your ipad is jailbroken you can edit the info.plist file and facebook will be ipad sized. Enter this code below the minimum os required then respring.

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
<array>
<integer>1</integer>
<integer>2</integer>
</array>

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
I think you can with atomic browser. If you're ipad is jailbroken you can edit the info.plist file and facebook will be ipad sized. Enter this code below the minimum os required then respring.

<array>
<integer>1</integer>
<integer>2</integer>
</array>
Yep, this is what I'm doing and it works great...

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
I hope you are right about the Facebook iPad app being approved very soon. Although the web app version looks nice in the iPad it's limited on it's functionality. You can't upload photos using the web app.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
I think you can with atomic browser. If your ipad is jailbroken you can edit the info.plist file and facebook will be ipad sized. Enter this code below the minimum os required then respring.

<array>
<integer>1</integer>
<integer>2</integer>
</array>
This is not a solution.

I don't understand why people think there is no use for the iPad app. The same was true about the iPhone. Their iPhone optimized site worked quite well. But it wasn't deeply integrated into the OS. A native app will always preform better and offer more features.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Poor solution. I've been trying to use this for weeks and it really is pretty much unusable. For anyone with a large friends list it is very difficult to navigate and use. Also, it randomly disconnects.
that might be more of a facebook thing than i ipad thing.. for about a year now, facebook in general has been buggy as hell.. not for everyone, but for alot of people! i get logged out of my chat on my lenovo all the time! pictures take FOREVER to load.. etc etc

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
should be nice, even facebook in browsers is always buggy or weird.

it always asks for my email address to confirm it. its an email i dont use for anything other than FB and i know its not blocking notifications.

so hopefully it will be smoothed out esp for ipad.

getting by using the iphone version now -.-

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Sounds good . . . I'll watch out for it.

I've been using sobees for FB. I like the format :)

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
I've not seen any reports other than this post that say Facebook has submitted an iPad version of their app. Until then I wouldn't expect it to show up on the app store anytime soon.