Facebook friend sync with iPhone contacts

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Numzie, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numzie macrumors newbie

Is there any application currently available that will take images, email addresses, and all other useful contact data from facebook and add it to your contacts in the iPhone contact list?
    Even if you had to manually match the contact to the friend it would help a ton.

2. kevindosi macrumors regular

3. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Does anyone out there have Facebook Sync V2.0 the version that allows you to sync your facebook contacts to your contacts database, as the later versions don't allow it. I've been able to find one torrent but there doesn't seem to be any seeds for it so if someone has a copy the can place somewere to download (and not rapid share cause that sucks) that would be great.

Cheers!

4. kevindosi macrumors regular

if the newer versions of facebooksync don't sync your facebook contacts to your address book, what do they do?

5. kevindosi macrumors regular

Not sure what's wrong with the newer versions, but I also have version 1.21 if you want it.

6. Numzie thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd love the older version. Facebook crippled the new ones cause they comply with their EULA. Ill pm you my email address.

7. kevindosi macrumors regular

8. Numzie thread starter macrumors newbie

9. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Errrrr...... stupid question coming up.

I download the version 2.0 zip file but what should I do with it. Do I just change the zip extension to APP and SSH it across to the app's folder on the iPhone, or is there something more involved to do?

Thanks
    Barry

10. kevindosi macrumors regular

It's much simpler than that -
    This isn't an iPhone app, it's a mac app. Unzip it and open the application on your mac. It'll sync all the contacts from your facebook to your address book on your mac (or at least the ones you want). Then, as long as your iphone settings are set to do so, it will sync over to your phone next time you plug it in. Easy peasy.

11. gomvi17 macrumors newbie

Help

i've downloaded all the versions of facebooksync and none work one did worked but then crashed in the middle of the file transfer.
    any suggestions?

12. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

13. robfarmer macrumors newbie

14. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

There is a free equivalent out i noticed in the app store today called vringo. It works okay, but I can't complain for it being free.

15. ThePeacemaker02 macrumors regular

Does anyone have the old version of facebook sync that allowed phone numbers to be taken from the profiles?

16. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

17. Zoxpirezox macrumors newbie

Can anyone upload this again? Please. I will be very grateful. I lost all contacts on my macbook I'm not sure why, but if someone can upload 1.2 version i would be very thankful.

18. pavanhemdev macrumors newbie

Hi, could you repost the link the facebook sync 1.2 version which allows you to sync e-mail addresses and contacnt phone number as well

19. Reclaim3r macrumors regular

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If someone is doing you a favor, you don't get to tell them how to do it.

PS. RS works just fine.

21. mrtotes macrumors newbie

Facebook iPhone app

The Facebook app for iPhone does now (not sure when it came in but it's there in 3.1.2).

Go to Friends > Sync (top right).

22. robfarmer macrumors newbie

FriendSync

FriendSync lets you choose different image sizes, sync names, and also lets you manually choose which contacts & friends to match and sync.

http://itunes.com/apps/FriendSync

23. nickxwood macrumors newbie

Facebook Sync Not working...

Does anyone else have find that the new Facebook app doesn't sync the contacts properly? It adds everyone's profile link into my contacts, but doesn't add thier profile picture... I've tried deleting the data and doing it again but its not working. Really annoying because I don't want to pay for friend sync when facebook should work fine (as it seems to with some people!).

Any help would eb appreciated!

24. jvice09 macrumors member

jvice09

how about the app MyPhone+ for Facebook, works really good. i got it a long time ago when it was free though :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.