Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
I don't have a phone, TextNOW doesn't work, and I'm fed up with all this ********, is there ANYthing I can do?!

Elven

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
UK
Facebook as far as I know, would only delete a profile if it was attempting to spoof as another individual who launched a complaint with proof of themselves being the genuine person.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
I haven't impersonated anyone, I do abide by their TOS, and Facebook is a necessity nowadays, no one is on another site.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I haven't impersonated anyone, I do abide by their TOS, and Facebook is a necessity nowadays, no one is on another site.

Then you are saying they randomly deleted you without any explanation or justification?

Not sure anyone here could help anyway, but it is hard to give advice without any information at all

Elven

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
UK

Someone managed to figure your password and removed your account then?

Facebook do NOT delete members without meaning, this would not benefit their business.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Then you are saying they randomly deleted you without any explanation or justification?

Not sure anyone here could help anyway, but it is hard to give advice without any information at all

Yes, that's exactly what happened. Down vote me all you want, let's see how much fun you have when it happens to you. Basically, All I'm asking for is a way to get my account back, without a phone.

----------

Why not contact Facebook? Not much we can do for you here.

I have tried contacting them, a few hours ago, I was getting impatient and seeing if you guys had anything to suggest.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Chill. If Facebook went about deleting whom ever it pleased then I doubt anyone would be using it. You must be doing something wrong.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Chill. If Facebook went about deleting whom ever it pleased then I doubt anyone would be using it. You must be doing something wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, yet they won't tell me what, and I had only had that account for ~6 hours, the account before that was deleted as well, I only have 1 account at a time, I use my real name and age, I mean there's NO reason to boot me, yet they continue to do so.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Yeah, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, yet they won't tell me what, and I had only had that account for ~6 hours, the account before that was deleted as well, I only have 1 account at a time, I use my real name and age, I mean there's NO reason to boot me, yet they continue to do so.

Methinks there is more to this story than we are hearing

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)

Looks like you're SOL then. Nobody here is in a position to help you, and frankly no one here believes you anyways. Keep trying to get in touch with Facebook.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK

And yet millions upon millions of people manage to use Facebook everyday without being kicked. Myself included. There must be something you're doing that you're not telling us about.

Hell, I have several fake/joke accounts which haven't been deleted. How about you post some screenshots showing the problem your having?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Methinks there is more to this story than we are hearing

Whether the OP is unwilling or is unaware, there is more to this. FaceBook doesn't just delete/cancel an account for no reason. Either his account got hacked and the hacker either canceled the account or did something to cause FB to act or the OP was behaving in a way that FB thought inappropriate (even if the OP doesn't think so).

Either way, we have little to know information and the OP's out of luck since he has no phone. My only other suggestion is to reach out to FB's support

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Facebook are welcome to delete me, although as posted here, they would not do this without what they considered to be a good reason...Contact the admins there for an explanation...I guess it's possible someone has used you as an alias, it happens. Haven't been near the place for over a year.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Whether the OP is unwilling or is unaware, there is more to this. FaceBook doesn't just delete/cancel an account for no reason. Either his account got hacked and the hacker either canceled the account or did something to cause FB to act or the OP was behaving in a way that FB thought inappropriate (even if the OP doesn't think so).

Either way, we have little to know information and the OP's out of luck since he has no phone. My only other suggestion is to reach out to FB's support

Actually, ALL of my friends have been getting deleted in the last week or so. :/

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Here's a screenshot of Facebook.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 192

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
All I can say is - really?

Well I was surprised when my girlfriend disabled her facebook account she could no longer use Spotify. I just found that out that spotify makes you have a facebook account. That's pretty ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.