Facebook iPad App

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Spooner83, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Spooner83 macrumors regular

Spooner83

You told us you would arrive summer 2011, just wondering where you are. I saw how they tried to do a c-section to bring you to us faster but Facebook kept you in the womb. We're waiting for you to arrive still. Your sibling, the iPhone App just doesn't do it for the iPad. See ya in 2014 when you arrive!

Spooner83

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

That was a weird post.

But yeah, I honestly think it's pathetic how long it's taken for Facebook to make an iPad app. Seriously, pathetic.

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

The just released update to the Facebook iPhone app was such a tease!

4. shandyman Suspended

yea, but at least can now tag people in posts on the app!! FINALLY!!!

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Another reason to jailbreak ;) I've been running the iPad app for weeks now.

6. Hackint0sh macrumors member

Hackint0sh

Just use the browser version. Seriously, it will always be better (more control) than the app.

7. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

When I see Facebook updates, I always get excited, only to be let down .5 seconds later when I look at the details. I don't even use my Facebook app. I keep it hidden in a folder on the last page just to get notifications and to make sure I dnt miss the update that all of us iPad owners are waiting for. The sad things, I rarely, and I mean rarely ever get the actual notifications. Facebook app has more bugs than my backyard.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Hell, you can finally share external links with their special markup.

Still can't use the system wide copy function though and that's just pathetic.

Don't get me wrong, the app is easily the buggiest app I have on my device but I get every notification and before it hits the web page on my MacBook.

9. summerpeach macrumors member

summerpeach

Yes. +10

10. nickbarbs macrumors regular

you can always jailbreak -> retinapad -> not worry about it

11. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Pathetic? Not every company has to make an iPad app.

Frankly, it's pathetic that I can't run the iPhone version at 960x640 on my iPad.

12. swedefish macrumors 6502

This. I don't really understand why we need apps for every single website. The iPad's screen is large enough to display web content in a very legible and maneuverable fashion.

13. Mr M5 macrumors regular

i like the my pad app it works well for Facebook.

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It's getting better, but for a while it sucked.

15. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

The website would be good to use if it included all the features such as the ability to upload photo/video and chat.

16. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

It makes absolutely no sense that they havent released the iPad app yet. We all know it was near completion months ago. What could really be taking so long? Just release the damn thing already!

17. itsmeoreo macrumors member

Don't know why people voted this down. I use this version as well.

18. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

explain please?

19. rikbrown macrumors regular

Jailbreak. Install Facebook app. Install FaceBreak from Cydia.
    Enables the hidden iPad app that Facebook have embedded in the iPhone app, but not "turned on" yet.

20. rockinred macrumors member

I use the safari version on the iPad all the time. It has a lot of problems compared to a regular pc. It is not the same. When you click on a picture it pulls up the old method where it takes you to the actual photo album of picture on the wall. Then when you go back to the home screen you have to start back on the top of the page and scroll down to where you were.

Overall it works, but if an app can be designed to maximize the use of it that would be great. I don't care too much for Friendly... it is ok, but just that. I tried Sobees which seemed to be pretty cool except when I logged in it always had me available for chat and I couldn't turn it off. I won't use that unless they fix that. I don't like to chat.

21. CWT1965 macrumors 6502

I use MyPad+ which is more than sufficient

What the iPad badly needs is a LinkedIn app, with so many business people having iPad's it is ridiculous that there is not an iPad app for it, if you use the Linkedin.com website on Safari on iPad you can't scroll through your connections so an app is badly needed

22. Mr M5 macrumors regular

Linked in is on it.

23. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I am currently using MyPad to get my daily dose of Facebook on my iPad. I'm waiting for the official one though. On another note: I wish the Facebook Messenger app was a universal app. Sometimes I like chatting with my Facebook friends on my iPad, but I have to use the blurred 2x iPhone version.

24. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I got sick of all the third party apps for FB---they were all very buggy for me, and Friendly (the lesser of all the evils) wouldnt even load after awhile.

There's a simple solution to this. Bookmark Facebook to your home screen. The bookmark will be the Facebook logo just like the iPhone app. Voila--you have created your very own fully functional Facebook app.

In my opinion, most apps that aren't games are just glorified web browsers anyway.

25. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

What part of the above posts about the web version of Facebook not being fully functional on the iPad did you not understand?