Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacJunkie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
This happened sometime back but I wanna change it! For some reason status updates say "via Facebook mobile" instead of "Facebook for IPHONE".

How do I change it back so the notation below my status updates reads "from Facebook for iPhone"?

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
This happened sometime back but I wanna change it! For some reason status updates say "via Facebook mobile" instead of "Facebook for IPHONE".

How do I change it back so the notation below my status updates reads "from Facebook for iPhone"?

I don't think you can ! It's nothing you did Facebook changed it

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
You can't do anything about it, only Facebook can. They've also removed it from Androids as well.

But anyways, it stopped saying "Facebook for" iPhone for a while. It just went to "via iPhone". Btw, it doesn't say "via Facebook mobile" anymore, it just says "via mobile"

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
The reason for the Via Mobile is due to the main feed now just being the browser touch site being used in the app. If you go to touch.facebook.com you'll notice your feed looks the same as the app. The photos uses the app which is why that says via iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.