Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Allow me to rephrase your post.

"I'm on an anti-Apple crusade and so therefore I'll use even the tiniest negative thing about Apple supports my it's-the-end-of-the-world narrative about Apple."

Yeah, that's cleaner and more direct.

Doesn’t make the effects of my post any less true. It is a massive failure and a public relations nightmare, a crisis almost.
[doublepost=1548794805][/doublepost]
Yeah, it's totally the CEO's fault that the team responsible for one app didn't test it properly.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

It all stops at the top, that’s why he’s the CEO.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Doesn’t make the effects of my post any less true. It is a massive failure and a public relations nightmare, a crisis almost.
[doublepost=1548794805][/doublepost]

Thank you for agreeing with me.

It all stops at the top, that’s why he’s the CEO.

:rolleyes: Nightmare? Crisis? Are you auditioning for the next TNT drama series?

It got attention because it was a fascinating exploit. The actual impact was low. It was exposed for less than half a day before a temporary fix was applied.

Slow your roll and calm down.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
:rolleyes: Nightmare? Crisis? Are you auditioning for the next TNT drama series?

It got attention because it was a fascinating exploit. The actual impact was low. It was exposed for less than half a day before a temporary fix was applied.

Slow your roll and calm down.

The effect only needs to be made on the human psyche - on a consumer trust level towards Apple themselves. People don’t need to die, have their financial information stolen, or been victimized at all for the effect of this to be felt. Sales were already down to the battery fiasco and lost trust - and this won’t help. It is a public relations nightmare of epic proportions, and not the first since Cook took over. Arguably the third one.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
The effect only needs to be made on the human psyche - on a consumer trust level towards Apple themselves. People don’t need to die, have their financial information stolen, or been victimized at all for the effect of this to be felt. Sales were already down to the battery fiasco and lost trust - and this won’t help. It is a public relations nightmare of epic proportions, and not the first since Cook took over. Arguably the third one.

You've obviously not worked in public relations. Or finance.

Virtually no one will change their behavior as a result of this. It's an interesting story—only because it involves "Apple." Nothing more.

As the adage goes, this too shall pass. But hey, if you want to get in a frenzy and run around like a chicken with its head cut off, knock yourself out.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Oh hey. Look. It’s not even a week later and NO ONE is talking about this anymore.

John123: 1
Bawstun: 0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.