Factory Unlock Successful however I can't seem to unlock it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hirtaza, Dec 2, 2014.

1. hirtaza macrumors member

hirtaza

Hi,
    I barely post on these forums unless I need absolute help or need well-informed advice. I'm having some trouble. I requested a Factory Unlock for my iPhone 6 from Cellunlocker.net (i saw somebody's post here recommending it and decided to give it a try) I received an email the very next day that it has been successful. I believe myself to have extremely well knowledge when it comes to iPhones and have been an iPhone user since 3gs so i'm sure I followed the instructions perfectly on how to go on with restoring the phone from iTunes (easy process) but every time I restore the phone/ follow their instructions (wait for iTunes to recognize the iPhone and disconnect it for 20seconds and reconnect it to get the "Congratulations your phone has been unlocked" message) tried both, it still hasn't worked. I can get back to my home screen with no sim or bell sim inside my iPhone however as soon as i put in my sim, the iPhone locks itself and displays "Activation Required" message. I've been communicating with Cellunlocker for 2 days now and they have assured me that the iPhone is unlocked, apparently they also contacted their "supplier" to confirm it and it IS unlocked however they are not getting the fact that i don't care if it says unlocked or not ....I didn't get the service i paid for and i don't need a refund as long as I can use this phone can work on other carriers ...

I've the iPhone 6, 64gig locked to Bell Canada and I was just wondering if you guys have ever been in my situation and how to get this phone actually unlocked (assuming it IS unlocked from their end/they did unlock my phone) Am i doing something wrong that I can't seem to unlock it or it isn't unlocked no matter what they are saying since it still displays Invalid Simcard error and asks for activation as soon as another sim is put in.
    Thank you and I'm sorry for the long post..any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. goknicks macrumors member

Did you Use the ITunes system Restore or the backup restore?

3. hirtaza thread starter macrumors member

hirtaza

i did the system restore (I bought this phone just recently, its still in that plastic cover so there was no backup of it to restore from..I've a 6+ should i do a restore from my own backup)

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You can try just restoring from iTunes. Just select update/restore and let it do it's thing.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

This means your phone is not unlocked. Get your money back.

6. hirtaza thread starter macrumors member

hirtaza

it doesn't (at the time of restore I've a wind simcard in - its locked to bell - but apparently I'm supposed to have a invalid sim in) once it restores and iTunes recognizes the phone, the first screen i see is "invalid simcard" not congratulations or set up as a new phone or whatever

person above me...thats what i think too...its still locked otherwise I'm doing everything right ...and i contacted them and their reply was "our supplier has confirmed its unlocked heres ur phone details so at this time we can't offer you a refund"

ALSO JUST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: when it says activation required and the wind simcard is inside i see 3-4 bars (reception bars) instead of no service or no sim ....so idk what to make of that

7. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

When I unlocked my i5 from a 3rd party unlock, I left the sim I had on ATT in it and restored through iTunes. I don't remember having to disconnect for 20secs and then re-connect. I just let it restore and when it completed the message popped up that it was now unlocked.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. hirtaza thread starter macrumors member

hirtaza

I've asked them for a refund and they are saying "our supplier has provided the following information and the phone is certainly unlocked" along with the information of my phones IMEI number / under the heading "status" it says unlocked

10. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

11. hirtaza thread starter macrumors member

hirtaza

12. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Are you saying that you tried all of these methods within 9 mins of my post?

13. hirtaza, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014

hirtaza thread starter macrumors member

hirtaza

yes, my iTunes and iPhone was already updated all i had to do was put in an invalid sim ..backup and restore...

edit: I've tried those methods before all of them but i ll do it again lol

edit- doesn't work

14. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

15. hirtaza thread starter macrumors member

hirtaza

yup I even made a video of my process of unlocking it/itunes restore showing the IMEI number and sent them they are still saying its unlocked

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

How did you pay? Sounds like time for a credit card chargeback

17. hirtaza thread starter macrumors member

hirtaza

paypal ...would i get it back? i think i will do it now if i can

18. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

You can file a Paypal claim

19. hirtaza thread starter macrumors member

hirtaza

its an intangible service though...from what i can remember doesn't it have to be a tangible good or service to have a claim?

EDIT: can anybody give me a TRUSTED unlocking service other than cellunlocker please? as I still need to get this phone unlocked

20. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

You will have to call Paypal and ask.

21. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Probably. There's bi real way for the seller to prove services were rendered.

I've used swift unlocks with success before

22. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

Yes, you can use this provider, best to ask questions first and explain your situation so you can get the proper help you need.

From what I understand and see from your ordeal is that your iPhone unlock is not done from providers end and they are feeding you non-sense.

Any iPhone thats unlocked would not display such a message.

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The burden falls in the seller here not the buyer. If the seller is selling an item paypal doesn't cover then you're oretty set. I got burned selling digital goods a few times. I simply wasn't able to prove services were rendered.

24. bertopl macrumors newbie

I used swift unlocks just this week on a 6 plus. didn't have to go through any retore process, I just got an email from them and put a friend's sim from another carrier and it worked straight away.

25. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Really? I didn't think that was possible. But that's cook you didn't restore.