OS X Failed to start game (missing executable) on Steam.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by nightfury23, May 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nightfury23 macrumors newbie

nightfury23

Help me, I've just bought a new game in the steam, and when I download the game file by clicking the play, I get this notice. Whereas in the game support for the Mac platform (you can see the picture below). Please help.

Sorry for my bad english.
    Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 8.05.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 8.08.28 AM.png

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Try verifying the game cache. Right click on the title in the library, properties, local files, "verify integrity."

3. Irishman macrumors 68030

Or, if that doesn't work, delete the local game files from your Steam library, and reinstall it.

Barring that, delete and re-install Steam itself.

4. Garrod, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016

Garrod macrumors regular

Garrod

I've got the same game. It loads when I boot in Windows but as for OS X (and Linux) it doesn't download anything. There are a number of people on the Steam discussions having the same problem - this has happened to me before in the past where it says a game on Steam is OS X compatible but it's not.

If you paid for it, ask for a refund ASAP. You can get the game free on Steam using the following link but hurry, the deal will be ending soon: http://failmid.com/game/journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-100-discount/

...it might just be that they haven't fully ported it to OS X or suchlike yet, which I have found to be the case before.

Hope this helps!