Fair or not that apple delete CR comments?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Angryipadguy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

I just see the thread on engadget about the consumer reports threads being deleted from the apple forums by apple. Why are apple trying so hard to hide this issue when almost every person who owns the phone knows it has this issue. Wouldn't it be better for them to just fix the issue with the handsets than give their company such a bad name in quality? If I was an iPhone owner I would return the phone and hit them in the wallet along with AT&T for not getting on apples back about this issue. Apple are making the AT&T network seem worse than it really is.

Mods could you move this to correct forum. I lost signal on my iPhone 4 and it posted to wrong sub forum!

2. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

Its their website they should be able to do what they want with it. BUT IT LOOKS SO BAD ON THEIR PART. I dont think of another thing apple could now to piss people off. This is beyond me right now. I guess we will see what happens in the next couple weeks. Hopefully they do the right thing and fix the issues if its possible. Which if its hardware that might be kind of a problem.

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

I don't see why Apple is obligated to publicize CR's opinion especially considering CR ignored their own laboratory testing which ranked the iPhone first.

By now everyone knows that if you bridge the gap between the antennas reception is reduced. Some reports say that otherwise reception has been improved. Apparently this is such a non-issue that millions have bought the thing and many others are waiting weeks to get one. Why are you so morally outraged over a device you haven't bought and probably never intended to buy?

4. Angryipadguy thread starter macrumors regular

I wouldn't say I'm outraged! I'm just unimpressed by apples response to the issue which affects 100% of their new phones. In the end the people make apple what they are and they have a very limited market of buyers who think they get a quality product but apple can't even back it up with any support. Perhaps they have got to the point where they know the iPhone fanboys will buy a product if if it's faulty!

5. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

"You will drink no Kool-Aid until it's time..." more or less. Only Apple can spoon-feed the fanatics, they won't tolerate anyone else offering them anything at all that goes counter to the almighty beverage!!!

6. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Are you certain it "affects 100% of their new phones"?

7. Angryipadguy thread starter macrumors regular

Well my friend bought one just a day ago and his has the problem so yes production to improve the antenna design has not started so yes 100% of current phones have the exact same hardware issue. Until that antenna design has changed then it will still have a problem.

8. Pianoplaynfool macrumors newbie

It doesn't. I've tested it on my friend's phone and her antenna is fine, though I think she's in the minority.

9. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

They own their website, and such is par for the course. You weren't really shocked were you?

The question now is "what are they going to do about it?". You can run from a PR problem, but you can't really hide from it. Not when you have as much of a reputation for quality and customer service as Apple has.

10. w00master macrumors 65816

11. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its their forums and they have the right to censor any threads they wish. Besides, any mention of CR on apple discussions is against their terms of use. That is the forums is for tech support and posting about how CR is dropping the buy recommendation is not support related.

13. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

Interesting... Did you test her phone in the same place that another iPhone 4 had reception problems?

If you tested her phone in a strong 5-bar area it would probably work fine. However, in a weak 5-bar area (which Apple's upcoming firmware will probably start reporting as a 3-bar zone) I think most or all IP4's will have problems.

The problem is caused by the antenna design, not a faulty component, so all the phones should act pretty much the same way under the same conditions.

14. applerocks macrumors regular

They're support forums. What exactly does that have to do with support? Nada. Commenting on an article isn't solving anyone's technical troubles.

15. fishepa macrumors regular

Exactly , they can do whatever the hell they want.

16. Angryipadguy thread starter macrumors regular

Well that's a stupid way to think of it. It's theirs so they can do what ever they want with it. Just like they have with the iPhone and not being honest about it's issues! Seems we have some fanboys trolling the threads!

17. msavwah macrumors 6502

18. Russiaone macrumors 6502

If one does not agree with Apple's practices one is within their rights to return said iPhone 4 for a full refund, as one is still within the 30 day return period.

Further, if one is totally against Apple's practices one is within their rights to sell off and/or trade any Apple product one owns, and to never purchase an Apple product ever agayne.

Further, whiners are annoying.:rolleyes:

19. samcraig macrumors P6

Yes - whiners Are annoying - aren't they RussiaOne? I mean - those who whine about other whiners especially ;)

20. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

And don't get me started about those who whine about those who whine about whiners.

21. thecoolone1 macrumors regular

I'm curious as to when the 30 day return starts, from when I pre-ordered or from the day I received it which was June 23rd?

22. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Seriously? Delivery .... or else people who had to wait 3 weeks for delivery would only have a 1 week trial period. Duhhhh.

23. thecoolone1 macrumors regular

Okay maybe I wasn't thinking but it doesn't mean you have to be a a$$ about it..

24. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    Apple is the new Microsoft boys... time to look at Blackberrys new offerings or to open source Andriod!!!