Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Fake Mac Mini Images Circulate

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

The fake images have started circulating.

Macenstein

Submitted

Article Link: Fake Mac Mini Images Circulate

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I love how unfeasible they are, screw logic and sensibility, let's mock it up to be less than an inch thick...

First mistake right there... I very much doubt it's going to be thinner than the current minis, they're pretty much the perfect size.

Comment

Dejavu

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
These mockups are TOO UGLY to be real Apple products. That you can tell fake right there. :rolleyes:

Comment

blizaine

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
In the first image they forgot to remove the LCD when they photoshopped it :) . The design of the second one isn't so bad. It might be a better design for the AppleTV.

Comment

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
the ports are missing too. maybe the mockups assume mba like qualities and the power source? magic.

Comment

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
A Mini that looks like an AEBS or Time Capsule (except thicker) would be nice.

Any photoshoppers want to give it a go?

Comment

archi17

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2008
Australia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77a Safari/525.20)

When you zoom in on the button thing on the second image, you can clearly see the pixel difference

Comment

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Top one is obviously just a MacBook photo of the side (where the optical drive is) then photoshopped to be symmetrical. They didn't even take the screen off..

Comment

benspratling

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
When you zoom in on the button thing on the second image, you can clearly see the pixel difference

Those are artifacts of excessive JPEG compression, not a photoshopping booboo.
And the, ahem, photoshopper forgot the "beauty" spot (IR) port -- or rather, I'm assuming the white circle is the "power" button. Imagine that. Putting the power button on the front where folks can find it. Almost as simple as putting it next to the keyboard on the laptops.

If the Mac mini does get an update, surely it won't be aesthetically more than changing that white plastic top to black "glass"... but will probably have the same mag safe connector as the laptops so you can use the 24" LED "Cinema" display... or maybe they haven't thought of that yet...

Comment

dual64bit

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2004
If the Mac mini does get an update, surely it won't be aesthetically more than changing that white plastic top to black "glass"... but will probably have the same mag safe connector as the laptops so you can use the 24" LED "Cinema" display... or maybe they haven't thought of that yet...

Of maybe they'll be releasing new cinema displays along side it!

Comment

booshtukka

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2003
I would be so happy if the new mac mini didnt have a CD drive!!

This is sarcasm, right? :confused: I would LOVE it to have a bluray drive! I can't understand why anyone would buy an apple TV, when you can use a computer instead. That can play DVDs. And surf the web. And games. And so on.

Sure, the Apple TV has HDMI, but a DVI to HDMI adapter does the job perfectly with the mini and I can get my desktop on my big screen TV at 1920 x 1080!

Comment

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
I only makes sense to put in a mini displayport, and a magsafe, because Apple can sell more LED displays. When you put the 2 together you don't exactly have a cheap desktop, (~1400.00 USD) but you can promote it as "Cheap".

Oh and guess what, AAPL will get to sell more mini displayport to DVI adapters for 29.00 USD, to peeps that don't want to buy the new LED display.

Comment

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
This is sarcasm, right? :confused: I would LOVE it to have a bluray drive! I can't understand why anyone would buy an apple TV, when you can use a computer instead. That can play DVDs. And surf the web. And games. And so on.

Sure, the Apple TV has HDMI, but a DVI to HDMI adapter does the job perfectly with the mini and I can get my desktop on my big screen TV at 1920 x 1080!

But you can't download HD movies for itunes on a computer, only the Apple TV. Thats where they get you.

Comment

booshtukka

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2003
But you can't download HD movies for itunes on a computer, only the Apple TV. Thats where they get you.

Ah. Sneaky. Seems like they missed a trick there, though. They must make more money on the Mini...

Comment

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008

As I understand it (I have an AppleTV) you can only RENT movies in HD or BUY TV SHOWS in HD. You cannot buy HD movies.

...unless there's some update I missed.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.