Fallout New Vegas

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Oct 7, 2010.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

FNV is almost here...who's getting it and for which platform? PS3 for me although FO3 was wonky on the PS3 I think obsidian tweaked it to maximize it's performance so I'll gamble again.

I haven't bought a game since red dead redemption and I'm tempted to buy Enslaved and Castlevania but I will hold off until Fallout.

Bless

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

I'm getting it, 360 version. I played FO3 for about 200hrs, and loved every minute of it. I'm very excited to get back into another Fallout game. I hope this one gets lots of DLC, because I thought all 5 that FO3 received were great. Between Reach, NFS, COD and this, I will have plenty of games to occupy my time for the rest of the year.

3. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

I preordered it off amazon for windows. Fallout3 was spectacular, but the ps3 version let me down, because it was poorly anti-aliased and had lots of freezes/low textures. I'm hoping that with the windows version I can have a truly amazing graphical experience-- especially at 2560x1440 resolution. I'm also hoping the mobility 4850 can handle it, if not I'll just overclock to desktop 4850 standards.

Amazon preorder grants you access to one of the preorder content packages as well as free overnight shipping that guarantees you to get the game on release day! Not bad.

4. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I preordered the collectors version for PS3. Greatly looking forward to it...

5. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

Yeesh, I thought 150 hours was a lot!

I'll probably hold off a month - considering F3 was a lot better on my PS3 after a patch or two, I think I'll let the "beta-testers" (those who buy a game at release) sort it out. It will also allow the Vault to accumulate tips and entries in case I get stuck.

6. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

That wasn't 200 hours in one game. I played through the game a bunch of times. Once with just the main game (and the original "ending" :mad: ), and then a few more times when the different DLCs each came out. I always tried to play a little different each time, and explore the various weapons and playstyles. I really enjoyed that game.

7. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

8. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

My god 2ny, you live!

I'll pass on Fallout for now I think. Frankly, when I try to play Fallout 3, I get tired of the boring "action" and listening to ugly looking people babble about nothing. Just bring back Elder Scrolls. And I am still chugging through Dead Rising 2 and NBA Jam has become somewhat of an obsession lately....

10. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I had to come out of the cave to change my water bowl :)
    I could never get enough of fallout...I put so much hours in FO3 and I'm still finding new stuff to do. I'm really glad they got rid of the green tint they had on the game...now it's orange :/

Bless

11. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

Agreed. I put it down a couple of months ago, but I drained an incredible (incredible) number of hours exploring. I never did see everything despite several play-throughs. I am leaning towards getting it for my (brand new :D) 360 since my computer is getting older. The awesome mod community is the only thing making my decision difficult. I picked up FO3 after not having played for awhile and all the new mods really breathed new life into the game. Loved the badass player homes and new weapons/armor/technology. So we'll see...

12. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I have it pre-ordered for PC on Steam. My conflict comes that ArcaniA was delayed in North America by a week - so the two big open-world RPGs of the fall (Two Worlds II delayed into 2011) arrive on the same day!

I am looking forward to this since Obsidian is developing ... unlike Bethesda they can actually write deep, complex and conflicted plots and dialogue that doesn't make you want to slit your throat. Sadly they also have a history of releasing buggy and unfinished games that make you want to rip off your arm and beat yourself to death with it ...

13. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Strange they delayed it, I just picked up Arcania yesterday (in europe tho).
    Haven't got much time to play it yet.

14. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

Haha this cracked me up. Yeah it is quite a conundrum... Anyway I am hoping that the two studios working together will prevent any severed-limb-related suicide attempts. I am assuming (perhaps naively) that Bethesda won't release it unless it's finished...

15. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Yep, North American-only delay. Apparently some folks grabbed it on GamersGate until they cut that off also!

That is what many of us hope. Unlike LucasArts (Knights of the Old Republic II) which pushed the game out knowing the flaws ... Bethesda more recently has been better about such things.

16. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

17. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

18. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

As it ended up, ArcaniA was let loose last Friday, so I have gotten in several hours, but haven't finished. Have FO:NV installing from Steam now ... choices, choices, choices ... :)

19. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

Well, I'm about 4-5 levels into FNV: the graphics are a pretty impressive improvement over F3 - I think some of that is due to the fact that you can see the sun!

I like how picking perks (so far) is a tougher decision in some cases, though some of my favorites are still available (Intense Training, Educated). The storyline is interesting and the characters seem to have a little more depth than F3, however the "wow" factor isn't quite the same. On the flipside, F3 became easy after a while (even on harder difficulties) after you figured out which perks/skills you wanted to build up and found the special weapons which made you unstoppable. However, I think even without Hardcore mode, Obsidian has set out to make FNV a harder game to beat, so we'll see. So far, so good.

20. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

My brother has got it but I haven't played it, but I've seen it.

The graphics are almost entirely same from what I've seen.

21. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I am still steadfastly finishing up ArcaniA first ... but watching Steam download the patch made me want to get into it even more ...

22. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Other half just left to go collect my PS3 Collectors Edition whilst I'm at work. Started playing Fallout 3 last night actually, aiming for my final set of karma-neutral trophies along with playing the DLC that I downloaded for free on PSN+.

23. Nuck81 macrumors regular

I usually play until the game crashes and locks up, then take a break only to try it again later.

I've never played more than thrity minutes at a time the last three days, save often and at least you won't get bored!!

24. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I got it at the midnight launch on Tuesday morning and still haven't had time to open it yet. Grad school and work are kicking my butt hardcore. I'm hoping to be able to start it tomorrow.

25. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I got it on the PC. Yeah, I know this is the console gaming thread, but I didn't want to start another thread over there ---> :)

True to Fallout forum, it has been very unstable. Just exploring around, and BOOM! Crash. And they already released a patch yesterday.

I have been a Fallout addict since the original. I played Fallout 2 well into the Win XP days. I, too, have put hundreds of hours into Fallout 3 since I keep coming up with different character types. I really like NV, but it's taking a while for me to get used to some of the changes. The first time I saw "ammo cases" and reloading benches, I was confused. I agree that this one seems harder. I have routinely been killed. I do like the factions and reputation thing, since it does kind of make you pick a path and stick with it.