False 32 bit application notification

nouveau_redneck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2017
Is anyone aware of applications producing false 32 bit warnings? I'm referring to the pop-up upon application startup.

I have applications by the same vendor that are not 64 bit, but this one is 64 bit according to both the vendor and system info.

Correcteur:
Version: 2.3.2
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Last Modified: 10/25/18, 12:37 AM
Kind: Intel
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Signed by: Developer ID Application: DIAGONAL (C5WZTVE9A4), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
Get Info String: Le Robert Correcteur 2.3.2, Copyright © 2018 Diagonal

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
Is anyone aware of applications producing false 32 bit warnings? I'm referring to the pop-up upon application startup.

I have applications by the same vendor that are not 64 bit, but this one is 64 bit according to both the vendor and system info.

Le Robert Correcteur:
Version: 2.3.2
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Last Modified: 10/25/18, 12:37 AM
Kind: Intel
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Signed by: Developer ID Application: DIAGONAL (C5WZTVE9A4), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
Get Info String: Le Robert Correcteur 2.3.2, Copyright © 2018 Diagonal
Use Activity Monitor to see if it’s running as 32 bit. Perhaps you have an older version somewhere else on the computer.

nouveau_redneck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2017
Use Activity Monitor to see if it’s running as 32 bit. Perhaps you have an older version somewhere else on the computer.
Good call. When I do that, there are two processes, one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit. I'll contact the developer.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
Good call. When I do that, there are two processes, one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit. I'll contact the developer.
You can also use the “inspect” function in Activity Monitor to see where the 32-bit version is located.

xgman

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2007
some apps (adobe, this means you) are 64bit BUT have support components that are still 32bit...
exactly. even the app's updater can be infused with some stray 32 bit parts and cause this. I just hope developers will update as needed, but there will be many old apps that will not get updated and will inevitably have to be replaced with something else.

OldGreyGuy

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2014
Near Brisbane, Australia
exactly. even the app's updater can be infused with some stray 32 bit parts and cause this. I just hope developers will update as needed, but there will be many old apps that will not get updated and will inevitably have to be replaced with something else.
Yep, I have a Canon scanner that works perfectly for me, has all the features I need, imports directly into Evernote, etc, but every Mojave update reports that the scanning app that controls it is 32 bit and will need to be updated, etc.

Canon, I hope you are listening, I really don't want to throw away this scanner and replace it but if I do it will be with another brand.

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Yep, I have a Canon scanner that works perfectly for me, has all the features I need, imports directly into Evernote, etc, but every Mojave update reports that the scanning app that controls it is 32 bit and will need to be updated, etc.

Canon, I hope you are listening, I really don't want to throw away this scanner and replace it but if I do it will be with another brand.
when 10.15 hits, you might be able to use apple's built-in image capture, and/or there are 3rd-party apps out there as well... IF canon doesn't offer new software..

Reactions: OldGreyGuy

xgman

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2007
This is going to be a tough transition for me. Some of the apps I use don't have and may never have 64 bit counterparts or updates.

flowrider

macrumors 603
Nov 23, 2012

Check out this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-mojave-and-flatbed-scanners.2131752/#post-26335686

Lou

Reactions: OldGreyGuy