Family Sharing and automatic updates

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by camner, Jan 1, 2015.

1. camner macrumors regular

I have set up Family Sharing with me as the Organizer and my wife as the "sharee." Both of us are using our own Apple ID to be signed into iCloud. As far as I can tell, this is how things should be set up.

Under Settings-->iTunes & App Store we both have Automatic Downloads enabled for Books and Updates, but DISABLED for Music and Apps.

My wife subscribed to some new podcasts a few days ago, and they are appearing automatically on all of MY devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac via iTunes).

I don't want her subscribed podcasts on my devices, and she doesn't want my podcasts to show up automatically on her devices.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere to stop podcasts from automatically appearing?

2. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Whose ID are you signed into the iTunes & App Store with on the devices? You can be signed in to iCloud with each of your own Apple ID's, but if you are signed in the App Store on the devices with the same Apple ID, then this would likely cause this.

Check Settings -> iTunes & App Store and see if the Apple ID displayed is the same.

3. camner thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip. I checked it, and unfortunately the two iPhones are logged to the App store under two different Apple IDs (each phone is logged into the App Store with the same Apple ID as is used with iCloud).