Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HyperliteG4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Southern California
I have had Family Sharing set up since they first started doing it with my wife and kids devices.

We currently have 6 individual AppleID's, 1 of which (mine) is listed as an Organizer, another listed as Parent/Guardian (my wife's), and 3 kids. The last one is an AppleID specifically for purchases and is shown under "Family Purchases" inside of my name in the list.

The problem I'm having is that my wife's account isn't showing that Apple Music has been enabled for the family. She has both an iPhone and iPad, and neither is showing that way. It asks her to join Apple Music as if she's an individual, but I clearly show her AppleID as part of the family account. I have tried signing out of her iCloud and iTunes Store accounts and re-signing back in, but nothing is working.

All of the kids devices have received a notification saying they have been "Invited to share" the family Apple Music.

Not sure what's going on here, maybe I just need to wait while they work out the kinks? Anyone else run into this problem?

UPDATE: I resolved it. You can ignore this.

Last edited:

Graz9

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
I have had Family Sharing set up since they first started doing it with my wife and kids devices.

We currently have 6 individual AppleID's, 1 of which (mine) is listed as an Organizer, another listed as Parent/Guardian (my wife's), and 3 kids. The last one is an AppleID specifically for purchases and is shown under "Family Purchases" inside of my name in the list.

The problem I'm having is that my wife's account isn't showing that Apple Music has been enabled for the family. She has both an iPhone and iPad, and neither is showing that way. It asks her to join Apple Music as if she's an individual, but I clearly show her AppleID as part of the family account. I have tried signing out of her iCloud and iTunes Store accounts and re-signing back in, but nothing is working.

All of the kids devices have received a notification saying they have been "Invited to share" the family Apple Music.

Not sure what's going on here, maybe I just need to wait while they work out the kinks? Anyone else run into this problem?

UPDATE: I resolved it. You can ignore this.

What did you do, I am having the same issue?

HyperliteG4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Southern California
What did you do, I am having the same issue?

On my wife's devices, I signed out of our "shared" AppleID under the iTunes/App Store areas, then I signed in with her AppleID. At first, this didn't seem to work as the App Store would say "this account is not setup for family sharing" (something along those lines). After some more searching I just found out that I needed to download a free app on her AppleID. Once I did this, I saw the purchases for all the family accounts listed under "Purchased" and selecting the different ID's.

I switched back over to the new music app and instead of the "Join" screen, I was greeted with the "Enable iCloud Music" screen which showed me that it worked since that's what I saw on my kids devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.