Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I setup family sharing a few years ago but had non-stop issues with a few things regarding its operation. All those details are a bit fuzzy at this point but again i tried to set it up a few weeks ago and add my daughter and had one of the same problems.

1. I don't want my kids or anyone else having access to my CC to make purchases.
2. I dont want to share purchases automatically.
3. I don't want to have to approve purchases made on other devices other than mine.
4. I would like to also move from my individual apple music plan (student price) to a family plan but don't want to see others music etc or approve anything.

I bring this up because when i added my daugther to the family plan a few weeks ago she couldn't even add a itunes gift card to her account or something along those lines. It kept asking me to pay for the purchase when she had a gift card ready to pay for it right there.

Any ideas?

mtngoatjoe

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
For items 1 through 3, remove everyone from Family Sharing. For item 4, your hosed because the Apple Music family plan requires Family Sharing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.