Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

fantastical2.jpg
Popular calendar app Fantastical 2 for iPhone was today updated to version 2.4, adding a useful new feature that allows users to create event drafts. With drafts, it's possible to start creating an event or Reminder and then swipe downwards to save it as a draft, setting it aside to multitask and access other events on the calendar.

For example, if you start scheduling a lunch meeting but need to pause in the middle to check your afternoon schedule, there's no need to discard what you've written entirely -- you can save it as a draft, check the calendar, and come back to it. Draft posts are saved at the bottom of the calendar interface for quick access, and multiple drafts can be saved at once.

While drafts are limited to the iPhone version of Fantastical 2, both the iPad and iPhone apps are being updated today with full Japanese localization. With the addition of Japanese, the app now supports six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese. Fantastical 2 is able to automatically detect the language being used to enter an event, even if the system's language setting differs.

Today's updates for the iPhone and the iPad are available to existing Fantastical 2 users for free.

Fantastical 2 for iPhone can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Fantastical 2 for iPad can be downloaded from the App Store for $9.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Fantastical 2' for iPhone Gains Drafts, Japanese Localization

Reactions: QuarterSwede

PJL500

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011

fantastical2.jpg
Popular calendar app Fantastical 2 for iPhone was today updated to version 2.4, adding a useful new feature that allows users to create event drafts. With drafts, it's possible to start creating an event or Reminder and then swipe downwards to save it as a draft, setting it aside to multitask and access other events on the calendar.

For example, if you start scheduling a lunch meeting but need to pause in the middle to check your afternoon schedule, there's no need to discard what you've written entirely -- you can save it as a draft, check the calendar, and come back to it. Draft posts are saved at the bottom of the calendar interface for quick access, and multiple drafts can be saved at once.

While drafts are limited to the iPhone version of Fantastical 2, both the iPad and iPhone apps are being updated today with full Japanese localization. With the addition of Japanese, the app now supports six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese. Fantastical 2 is able to automatically detect the language being used to enter an event, even if the system's language setting differs.

Today's updates for the iPhone and the iPad are available to existing Fantastical 2 users for free.

Fantastical 2 for iPhone can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Fantastical 2 for iPad can be downloaded from the App Store for $9.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Fantastical 2' for iPhone Gains Drafts, Japanese Localization

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Their app icons still suck. The can design the heck out an app, but somehow forget the icon.

Macrumors seems to love this app though. It's a tie between 1Password.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
They probably are paying some money to be mentioned here. You can find almost the same article over on 9to5mac so... ;)

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
They probably are paying some money to be mentioned here. You can find almost the same article over on 9to5mac so... ;)
It always has to be some secret corrupt conspiracy doesn't it? It can't be something mundane like Flexibits issuing a press release and all the news sites picking it up.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
I never thought Fantastical came close to the ease of use of Weekly Calendar. Great name, but Weekly Calandar beats it out from copy and paste to drag to relocate. Drafts? I don't spend that much time entering appts.

Reactions: tyasjs

devinthomas

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
I love the icon. They better not change it.

BTW, why do some of you hate it. Please be specific. And how would you change it? Some of you must be designers who can create a rough draft of a better icon in Photoshop or such. Thanks.
I'd be happy if they simply removed the peeling sparkled yellow corner. It reminds me of the design language Microsoft used for Windows XP icons.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
It always has to be some secret corrupt conspiracy doesn't it? It can't be something mundane like Flexibits issuing a press release and all the news sites picking it up.

This is the correct answer.

Reactions: marvz

postpc

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
Germany
I can't stand the way it doesn't give you all the options, when hitting new. It's tedious having to click details every time when you add a new entry.

Mad4WDW

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2010
The little blue arrow at the end of an address entry is missing for me in this new version. Its not there for me to tap and jump straight into my Sat Nav. Anyone else noticed this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.