Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eimeria

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
Is there any way to change the color theme on Fantastical 2? The red/black view is just hard on my eyes. The light theme doesn't provide enough contrast between events for me.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I have tried Calendars 5 for some time now. It is a nice app but one thing I'm missing is the location in views. On the iPad the location is only direct visible on the day view. In all other views, I have to tap an item to see the location.

On the standard iOS Calendar app, the location is visible in the weekly view as well as the widget. I saw in the Appstore that other apps have this feature too.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have tried Calendars 5 for some time now. It is a nice app but one thing I'm missing is the location in views. On the iPad the location is only direct visible on the day view. In all other views, I have to tap an item to see the location.

On the standard iOS Calendar app, the location is visible in the weekly view as well as the widget. I saw in the Appstore that other apps have this feature too.
Yeah, but one of the bigger problems with Apple's iOS Calendar app is that its widget doesn't show all day events.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Yeah, but one of the bigger problems with Apple's iOS Calendar app is that its widget doesn't show all day events.

True. But for me personally, all day events are less important. I am switching buildings and meeting rooms very often, so for me it is very handy to have the location right at hand. It looks like Fantastical does have the location in views and on its widget.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Super Calendar does all this.

I took a look at the free version. It has great customisation options and plenty of views, showing a lot of info.

However, it also lacks some features:
- no copy item function
- no widget
- time is always in am/pm format, I much prefer the 24h format

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I took a look at the free version. It has great customisation options and plenty of views, showing a lot of info.

However, it also lacks some features:
- no copy item function
- no widget
- time is always in am/pm format, I much prefer the 24h format

The paid version has a widget. I'm beta testing and I'll bring the 24hr time format up to him.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Yesterday I downloaded Week Calender for iPhone and I must say I like it very much. It has a *lot* of customization options, all the views I need (and more) and quite a few gestures. And a lot of functionality. For me, it is a better app than Readdle's Calendars 5.

Week Calender for iPhone has a widget by the way (probably added in the last months). The iPad version does not have a widget.

I downloaded it because it was free, so it was a pleasant suprise that this app fits me so well. It still is free by the way :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.