Fantastical 2 what Apple Calender should be like!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by marlman, Nov 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. marlman macrumors regular

marlman

After being completely frustrated with Apples native Calender I decided to spend a few bob and download Fantastical 2.

What a difference I love it can now see at a glance how many events I have left for the day. I cannot for the life of me see any logic in Apple not doing this. Surely it is what the badge system was made for.

I have a few occasions when I have meetings on certain days of the month for example the first Tuesday of every month. Apple calender is unable to do it but a breeze in Fantastical 2.

The list view is great and you can actually see the different calender colours not like Apples very thin coloured lines.

The only problem is I like The Apple icon with today's date so still have that on my home screen!

2. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

I feel exactly the same. I just really miss that live-updated icon from the stock app. Otherwise, Fantastical 2 is phenomenal.

3. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

agree as soon as i saw the screen shots of this app i knew right away it was a sure thing it would replace apples calendar app for me

4. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

In preferences you can set it up so that it displays a number corresponding to the date. It's confusion at first because it's the same notification number you see in many apps but you get used to it.