Fantasy Football Manager for iPhone (soccer...)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by odelay, Aug 6, 2009.

1. odelay macrumors 6502

For all those looking forward to the new Premier League season, and are keen FFM players, I just came across this site - http://www.ffmiphone.com. Not much info there yet other than the app "FFM 09/10 Fantasy Football Manager" has been submitted (on July 18th). The site seems to indicate that this is in some way tied to the official Premier League fantasy football - http://fantasy.premierleague.com.

I'm in no way affiliated with this dev, and have no more info other than what I've seen on the website and the dev's Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/ffmiphone), but I thought this may interest others looking for a decent FFM iP app, as I have been.

Hopefully we'll see it on the AppStore soon, as it was submitted nearly 3 weeks ago.

Is anyone aware of any other ffm apps for the iPhone? All I've found is fantaFootball, but that hasn't yet been updated for the new season, and besides, it doesn't look too good from the screenshots.

2. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

Sweet. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to this one. I hope it integrates.

3. mappyman macrumors regular

Been looking for a Premier League fantasy football app... will look out for it.

4. andrewstephenso macrumors member

andrewstephenso

Hi guys,

I'm the dev behind this one, I saw a load of hits from this site.

Quick update, I screwed up on the rating of this and it got rejected on Thursday (unfiltered access to Google from one of the websites I link to).

However, on the brightside, I had been adding and tweaking a few things and it's looking good.

I play the official FPL game and it's designed to help me be competitive, you'll be able to use it as a guide for the other games of course.

I'll be submitting again tonight so probably in the store a week on Thursday.

Anyway, I hope it's well received. I wrote it as I'm a husband and father and my time is limited - and I'm far too competitive a person not to have something like this.

Cheers,

Andy

5. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Many thanks for the effort in putting an app together - I'm really looking forward to it as I need all the help I can get (you only have to look at my standings in last years Macrumors league to see that :-O)

6. justdave macrumors newbie

I actually can't wait for this app to be release and am gobsmacked nobody has already done it.

7. andrewstephenso macrumors member

andrewstephenso

Me too, on both counts :)

I posted some screenshots on the website earlier, the review process is painful though!

8. leeus macrumors member

This new iPhone app lets you manage the team from the phone and perform a full stats lookup from your iPhone, change captain and make transfers all on the move!

http://bit.ly/QXzqo

Video of app is here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aea5Q5Xfik8

We are already working on 1.1 that has a ton of new features!

9. jamiepainter macrumors newbie

Loging out?

Is it possible to log out using this app?

Do not fancy one of my mates getting my phone and changing my whole team. Thanks

10. andrewstephenso macrumors member

andrewstephenso

That's quite neat, well done.

The mini-leagues (of which I have many) don't work though.

I only have one account so I'm not facing the issue above.

Goodluck with your app

11. justdave macrumors newbie

Andy,

Your app looks really good and will be keeping an eye out for it, do you think it will be released next week. I bet you are gutted it's not up in time for the weekend.

12. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

It's in the appstore now.

13. odelay thread starter macrumors 6502

Link?

14. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

15. odelay thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's a different app to the one andrewstephenso & justdave were referring to. There are a few of these apps now, but the one andrewstephenso is the dev for is yet to appear on the AppStore.

16. Dave6195 macrumors newbie

Im fairly sure thats a differnet app then the one the OP is associated with. If you check out http://www.ffmiphone.com the UI of his app is different to the app linked above.

17. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

Gotcha. My mistake. I wondered where the nice pretty badges were on the site. :(

18. andrewstephenso macrumors member

andrewstephenso

Hi justdave,

Every cloud has a silver lining, getting rejected on a technicality worked out - it meant I could submit the version I'd been working on over the last few weeks.

Missing the first weekend isn't brilliant but it does give me an edge in my mini-leagues :)

I estimate that it'll be available Wednesday or Thursday next week. If you subscribe to my blog/twitter then you'll know immediately.

In the meantime, just beware of GW2, tons of teams not playing. Half the people in the office are going to get caught out, a nice chance to get an early lead..

Cheers,

Andy

19. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

It is a bit of an ugly program to be honest.

20. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the heads up. will change my team

21. justdave macrumors newbie

Hi Andy,

I'm knocking on 30's door so refusing to join twitter (for now) but have bookmarked your page so will keep an eye on it does look dead good though.

Yeah I know about GW2 and have also managed to keep it a secret from my mates.

Nice one

22. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

Sorry, but was is GW2?

23. justdave macrumors newbie

24. andrewstephenso macrumors member

andrewstephenso

25. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Frodo, you cheeky monkey.