Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
With the way these apps are growing in size and content (Rage HD, Infinity Blade) it's only future proofing yourself. Imagine how disappointed you'd be with an 8 GB if you wanted those 2 apps!

8 GB is simply an anemic amount of space, and it doesn't give you much breathing room for anything. If you want to pay that price, fine, but have fun switching apps in and out.

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
1. By the title and the huge amount of hype the OP had I was expecting it to be under $150.

2. 8 GB is terribly tiny these days. 16 GB could have been called terribly a bit small when I got my iPod touch 3 years ago.

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
Dalton, try to find box on craigslist or on ebay maybe someone sail the boxes and out on sail like on craigslist or ebay or amazon, when I sold my ipod like two weeks ago people buy it in the next day morning, So, try to find way it's really easy, and what iPod touch do you have, how many gb?

I just put my iPod on ebay, but apparently since I've never sold anything on ebay before they pulled it off and I had to fax them info to prove my identity, and it can apparently take up to 10 days. I have the 3rd gen 32GB model.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
So wrong. It is all about personal use. 8GB iPod models are nearly perfect for how much I put on. I don't have all that much music and dont use it for videos. I got 32GB for an ipod once and still only used around 8GB of it.

Yeah, and plus, some people might be using it for apps or web browsing. Some people also dont mind moving movies to and from the device and computer.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
I just put my iPod on ebay, but apparently since I've never sold anything on ebay before they pulled it off and I had to fax them info to prove my identity, and it can apparently take up to 10 days. I have the 3rd gen 32GB model.

I don't think it's a good Idea to sail it on eBay it's pretty hard, but did you try craigslist it's a best way, and do you have scratches? Cracks?

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
I don't think it's a good Idea to sail it on eBay it's pretty hard, but did you try craigslist it's a best way, and do you have scratches? Cracks?

I don't do Craigslist. I've heard far too many horror stories...LOL It doesn't have any cracks. The chrome back has that brushed look that comes from normal use.

Zion21

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
Keep in mind all the fees if you plan on selling on eBay or amazon. They always kill any potential profits for me. :(
19.gif

Gqkevyn

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
yeah they just updated the deal and now it's a $25 gift card that comes with it. I wish I didn't pull the plug so early (Christmas gift so thought the $15 would be a save)

patchouli

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2010
Ontario Canada
I'm in Ontario Canada so not sure if it's also in the US, but Walmart has a little sale on iPod Touch 8g today.. I forget how much off not much, but better than a pin in the eye, especially if one was going to buy it anyway. I'm not sure if the other models are also on sale but I don't think so.

May 8, 2008
I'm scared to let the OP know that Best Buy is running a promotion that gives you a $40 BestBuy gift card when you buy any iPod Touch 4g.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
I'm scared to let the OP know that Best Buy is running a promotion that gives you a $40 BestBuy gift card when you buy any iPod Touch 4g.

:D:D:D:D

he will start another thread. type in all caps and go on and on about if he should get the deal or not.

May 8, 2008
Scooped that up yesterday as a gift for my Pops. I hate Best Buy, but $40 will keep him from having to shell out for accessories on his own.

Yeah, and I was kind of surprised that they applied to the 8gig model. Not a bad deal for someone looking to get started with an iPod Touch. Could get a decent case and an iTunes card and be set.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.