"Fast run through step button (down)" on Harmony 785 does not work on Apple TV.

stofferdk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi there,

Please - before you post about to many threads about this, please keep in mind, that despite the fact I have tried several guides, including mobys etc etc etc, and spent countless hours meself - I fail to add this last feature - and a crucial one.

I can get my harmony remote to step up and down, however - I cant get it to run through the lists by holding the button down. Can anyone clarify how I can make this work?

Now that we are at it, I confess that I diddnt succeed in making the activity shut down apple tv after turning it on - it simply tells the Apple TV to "pause" as in 1 click.

Thank you!!!

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
I dont know what your talking about as far as all the guides (you shouldnt need them now) . I do know Logitech actually added the AppleTV to their library so you dont have to do any customizing now. It just programs itself. I have two Harmony 880s and they both work fine with the Apple TV.

Kevin

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I'm still using my Apple Remote setup [for the :apple:tv], and it will trigger the "fast scrolling" mode after a short delay. Somewhere in advanced setup, there is a way to adjust the repeat rate.

I imagine, though, the :apple:tv device in the Logitech library would have that setup correctly and it's worth trying.

Harmony 550, btw.

xavierkiyoko

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Hi there,

Please - before you post about to many threads about this, please keep in mind, that despite the fact I have tried several guides, including mobys etc etc etc, and spent countless hours meself - I fail to add this last feature - and a crucial one.

I can get my harmony remote to step up and down, however - I cant get it to run through the lists by holding the button down. Can anyone clarify how I can make this work?

Now that we are at it, I confess that I diddnt succeed in making the activity shut down apple tv after turning it on - it simply tells the Apple TV to "pause" as in 1 click.

Thank you!!!

Hey i had to same problem.. my brother broke my harmony remote and i had to go out and repurchase one.. and it is doing the same thing for the down arrow... i was actually taking the remote back today cause i thought it was the remote but after reading this sounds like it just needs to be reprogrammed. i guess the person who originally programmed the down arrow didnt do a good job.. so what i will try tonight is try to have the remote relearn the down arrow. and then ill hit you back with my results. (adding this chore to my iCal right now)