Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Okay, I have been here a month or so and I keep getting this error. I assumed that maybe it will go away, but it's getting a bit frustrating. Does anyone else get this error? (picture should be below) I am getting this about every fourth or fifth click on the forums, and it doesn't matter what computer I am at or what network, so it's not at my end.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 119

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
that's a server error...

I looked into it, it seems the solution is just to increase the memory allotment, which I've done. So let me know if you keep seeing it.

arn

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
that's a server error...

I looked into it, it seems the solution is just to increase the memory allotment, which I've done. So let me know if you keep seeing it.

arn
Thanks.

I am using the latest FireFox installation on 10.3.9 with just a GrApple theme and AdBlocker Plus for those that asked.

Possibly this just happens when the site is busy, I haven't actually done any detailed testing or anything.

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
ok, i'll jump into this, too.

i've been trying to change my profile pic all day, and i keep getting this error. help! :eek:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 63

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
I had a problem uploading an avatar this morning using Safari. It basically said the server was too busy and try later. I was able to do it eventually but I had to wait about 6 hours.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Yep I've been getting this error too, when trying to change my avatar. Highly annoying :(

"Fatal error: Direct Instantiation of vB_Image_Abstract prohibited. in /includes/class_image.php on line 190"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.