Fatal Errors a bounding ...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Virgil-TB2, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Okay, I have been here a month or so and I keep getting this error. I assumed that maybe it will go away, but it's getting a bit frustrating. Does anyone else get this error? (picture should be below) I am getting this about every fourth or fifth click on the forums, and it doesn't matter what computer I am at or what network, so it's not at my end.

Attached Files:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What kind of browser are you using, and on what kind of computer? I don't think I've ever seen that error before!

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

that's a server error...

I looked into it, it seems the solution is just to increase the memory allotment, which I've done. So let me know if you keep seeing it.

arn

4. Virgil-TB2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Thanks.

I am using the latest FireFox installation on 10.3.9 with just a GrApple theme and AdBlocker Plus for those that asked.

Possibly this just happens when the site is busy, I haven't actually done any detailed testing or anything.

5. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

ok, i'll jump into this, too.

i've been trying to change my profile pic all day, and i keep getting this error. help! :eek:

Attached Files:

6. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I had a problem uploading an avatar this morning using Safari. It basically said the server was too busy and try later. I was able to do it eventually but I had to wait about 6 hours.

7. dcv macrumors G3

Yep I've been getting this error too, when trying to change my avatar. Highly annoying :(

"Fatal error: Direct Instantiation of vB_Image_Abstract prohibited. in /includes/class_image.php on line 190"

8. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Me too

Same error trying to update my avatar.

Fatal error: Direct Instantiation of vB_Image_Abstract prohibited. in /includes/class_image.php on line 190