Faulty iphone x? help please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ashj52, Jun 4, 2018.

1. ashj52 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help please. I just received the iPhone X and noticed when I turn the phone off and charge it the screen remains totally blank (no notification or indication that it is charging). The phone does charge, but there is no charging icon or light on the phone whatsoever.

My iPads and previous iPhones (one of the first gens) have not been like this, is this normal for the iPhone X?

Thank you for your time!

2. nieks macrumors 6502

nieks

No. It should indicate it is charging. You should see someone at the Apple store :)

3. ashj52 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I’ll take it there ASAP

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Hold on please, if the screen is off when charging, that's totally normal.
    What happens when you press on it. Does it wake up and you see LS and charging icon at the top right?

5. nieks macrumors 6502

nieks

Quick note: if you plug in your phone while it is turned off, it will start to charge and with enough battery it will automatically turn on.
    However, if you start to charge the phone, THEN turn the phone off, it will not show you it is charging (as far as I know).
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018 ---
    If you wake the screen, you should see this (in yellow or green) :
    [​IMG]

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Yes exactly. And after it turns on, it will go to sleep within a minute. So again, black screen and no charging icon.

7. nieks macrumors 6502

nieks

That is correct. The phone will turn on, go to sleep and show nothing but a black screen. If you wake the screen, it will show you in the upper right corner that it is charging (see image in my earlier post).

This is how it works with every iPhone, not just the X.

8. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

OK, we do understand each other, the question is only if OP misunderstood the whole thing :)

9. ashj52 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to discuss this, it’s very helpful and it solves my issue. In this case my iPhone is not faulty and has put my mind at ease!

Thank you very much!!!