Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
upload_2018-12-20_10-56-25.png

One of my newest favorite apps for the Infograph face is Bezels. I mostly only use the sub-dials, and Bezels
provides a nice accent to the look and feel of the face.

Don't let the low rating scare you - it only works on the AW4, and the one stars come from people who don't regard
the app description.

There are 15 different schemes but only 11 different colors.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
View attachment 811874

One of my newest favorite apps for the Infograph face is Bezels. I mostly only use the sub-dials, and Bezels

Don't let the low rating scare you - it only works on the AW4, and the one stars come from people who don't regard
the app description.

I could not get it to work. Do I need to have it as a complication?

teameurox

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
Chirp and Nano are two of my two most used apps. The best Twitter and Reddit apps out there and the developer is very active and responsive to any and all suggestions and issues. I've beta test since its inception and its great. MMplayer as it is somewhat fidgety but still is the only app I have found to save music and videos locally and play on the watch through airpods or even the built in watch speaker. Voice in a can for Alexa and my connected home. For watch customization I have always used monogram ( its a an apps that lets you use and upload photos and logos at complications) **still needs to be updated for series 4) also the new app floating around watchbbqe that allows custom watch faces. Fitness and health still goes to the previously mentioned workoutdoors which is hands down the best and heartwatch.

Reactions: cfc

user1234

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
Sweden
Carrot Weather for sure.
Good and detailed weather right on the watch. Beautifully done weather with an attitude.

CCE49B05-4E26-440B-836D-DBE90D5202BE.png D683D129-C5EE-4D22-B871-5BE0776D6A05.jpeg

966D2194-612F-47E2-A7C9-738B2FC0046C.png

73772CF1-627F-43DB-B5AB-A1B6FADB7485.png

AC1F4306-8194-493F-87F5-7E42F7F19BAE.png

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Carrot Weather - Eeeeeerr, Weather
Chirp - Twitter
Jay - Twitter
Workoutdoors - Run/walking tracker
HeartWatch - Heart rare monitor
FotMob - Football scores

Reactions: cfc

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
For me is the health app I wish Apple will add more like sugar level blood pressure and more just was thinking. Can a sensor measure the velocity of the blood and use it .

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
View attachment 811874

the app description.

What complication are you using to track your steps in the top subdial?

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I'm glad I could help. It's especially wonderful for tracking medication. You can see a history of each time you marked a task as "completed". When I got really sick one time I was able to use it to tell a doctor not only what I had taken but the exact times I had taken it.

Round is really good for tracking meds as well. It will let you know when it is running low and when you have to refill as well if it is more than a "1-off" med.

Reactions: MisterSavage

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
what do you think about updating the steps on the complication? I have tired steepAapp , Accupedo etc. All of them have a problem with updating the steps with the watch's native fitness app. sometimes the steps are less than the native app.
There is an absolutely lag in third-party step counting apps.
AFAIK it´s Apple´s "fault". there is some 30-minutes-limitation for complications to refresh.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I was in a meeting today and didn't want to pull out my phone. It was pretty painless creating a calendar event from the Calendars 5 watch app. Nice!

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
Chirp and Nano are two of my two most used apps. The best Twitter and Reddit apps out there and the developer is very active and responsive to any and all suggestions and issues. I've beta test since its inception and its great. MMplayer as it is somewhat fidgety but still is the only app I have found to save music and videos locally and play on the watch through airpods or even the built in watch speaker. Voice in a can for Alexa and my connected home. For watch customization I have always used monogram ( its a an apps that lets you use and upload photos and logos at complications) **still needs to be updated for series 4) also the new app floating around watchbbqe that allows custom watch faces. Fitness and health still goes to the previously mentioned workoutdoors which is hands down the best and heartwatch.

whats this watchbbqe ? I cant find it in store or by google?

for me, im surprised and disappointed at the slow rate that apps come out for the watch. also I think apple are missing a trick by not allowing us to filter by apps which work with watch, there might well be tons of apps that have a watch equivalent but ive never noticed because ive not clicked on them and looked.

I like :
365 scores. one of many sports scores apps but this one is great for me. I select my favourite teams and leagues and it automatically shows the scores of any games featuring them. great when im in a meeting or at dinner and I can check without looking rude.

Bring. the shopping app. cant live without it as I have a rubbish memory. used to try to use it on my phone but it was a pain to have to keep taking my phone out.

everyone raves about carrot but I find it annoying and not actually a good clear weather app. happy with the built in one.

XE currency. when in japan and Vietnam it was great to quickly calculate an accurate price conversion to euros.

home/hue both of them curiousities but work so slow so easier to use siri or say hey google to get the google home to change the lights.

mail and outlook great for letting me know new emails to my personal and work account.

my bank has an app so I can see my balance but its one of those apps

myTify. Samsung smart tv controller. excellent on phone and useful on watch as you can set buttons for your favourite channels.

Microsoft translator.

FunkyMagicUK

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2018
I think apple are missing a trick by not allowing us to filter by apps which work with watch, there might well be tons of apps that have a watch equivalent but ive never noticed because ive not clicked on them and looked.

Have you overlooked the App Store and the Search facility of it that’s actually in the Watch app?

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
Have you overlooked the App Store and the Search facility of it that’s actually in the Watch app?

thanks id never actually noticed the search button. I just thought the app store there had suggestions. still it means you have to sort of know what you are looking for, to search for it, but its a great tip as sticking in random things has already found me apps I didn't know existed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.