Favorite dessert/desert?

kondspi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
NC
There was this cool Far Side cartoon...
Two Arabs were sitting near a tent in the desert. One of them said: "Quick, Adbul! Desert: One "S" or two?"

Anyway, what's your favorite dessert? And what's your favorite desert? Why?

I'm going to go with Cheesecake/Gobi.

L

Lau

Cheese and biscuits. If it has to be sweet I second Tiramisu, or maybe a cold slice of apple pie. :)

As for the desert, I have no preference. I'll let my host decide. ;)

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
We regularly have Brownie Fests over at my sister's house, where we make these big pans of these brownies with Hershey's chocolate chips in them. We don't let them cool all the way, so they are still hot. Cover them with vanilla ice cream and some hot fudge, and serve with a glass of 2% milk, and you have my favorite dessert, hands down.

Favorite desert? I'm going to go with the one in the middle of Antarctica.

Reactions: 0002378

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Chocolate silk pie...best with a chocolate crust. :)

Antarctica...it's the coolest desert on Earth. :cool:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
For me, it would have to be Tiramisu and Antarctica – it might be cold and stuff, but because of the low level of precipitation the centre of the continent is technically the largest desert in the world. Fancy!

By the way, did you know that 2006 is the International Year of Deserts and Desertification? You learn something new every day...

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I like to fill my Gobi with my Mum's homemade chocolate mousse :D

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
dcv said:
I like to fill my Gobi with my Mum's homemade chocolate mousse :D
off topic, but:

my mom used to make chocolate chip cookies, and after the cookies finished cooking but were still warm and soft, she'd take a little miniature Reese cup out of it's wrapper, put it in the center of the cookie, and then wrap the cookie up around it and let it cool...

those were the best d@mn cookies ever made :D

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Favourite dessert: Riskrem.

Favourite desert: Sahara.

Just got a feel for it, just outside Cairo and Luxor, and the busrides from Hurghada to Cairo and Luxor, but it was mighty enough... :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Profiteroles. Never been to a desert as yet!

Both are pronounced differently. At least around here. De-sert (food) and des-sert (water starved lovely place).

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Tiramisu!!

Love that stuff!

And i like Angle food cake, with StrawBerries and homemade whipped cream!:)

I like the OutBack, or the Arabian!

What a random thread.... I mean Desserts AND Deserts, what more could you ask for!?

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
either key lime pie or pican pie, it's a very close contest.... although right now I have an intense craving for tiramisu too.

As for my favorite desert, I'm gonna have to go with th desert of the real (matrix reference, fools :p :cool: )

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC
anything ANYTHING dark chocolate/the mojave

I know the mojave doesn't measure up in all ways, but it's my childhood desert...

masterapple04

macrumors regular
May 26, 2004
Massachusetts, USA
I'd have to go with the best dessert ever created - my grandmother's warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream. Soooo good...

My favorite desert? The Sonoran, just to be different.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I can't go past the Stryzlecki.

No really, I can't go past the Stryzlecki. It's far too big to walk across on foot, and I just sold my camel.

As for desserts, I like fruit tarts because they have a naughty name and they taste syrupy.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Thread Revival!
This morning, as one of the gifts received was a package of commercially made almond and dark chocolate Laceys, a toffee chocolate cookie. boy are they good! :D

7B9A8366-6586-4F79-A34F-DCAD7F846D99.jpeg

Desserts On Us​