Favorite ice cream?

hitchhiker

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2004
mhhrrr... chocolate

I Hate chocolate chip Cookie dough; all The brands I've tried tend to Taste like Chalky chip cookie Dough.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate or Chocolate & Orange. I rarely eat chocolate but these, on a hot day, turn me into a drooling monster :D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Haagen Dazs. Coffee, German chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, it's all yummy.

But a smaller, local brand?! Marianne's in Santa Cruz. YUMMMY! Green leaf tea ice cream.

By the way, check your local Baskin Robbins... in my area, Tuesdays you can get scoops for only $1 each! :eek: :D

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
Hmmmm Ice Cream - yum

One that not many outside my provence would know. Kapiti Spicy Apple. Ate a whole punnet last night. IC overload.
Grey Beard

PhotoTech

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2005
Ohio
Cold Stone and local dairy

Everything at Cold Stone but especially the Mint, mint, chocolate, chocolate chip. Ane always up for trying local dairies tht make their own regionally. I've had lots of great ice cream that way too.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
Kapiti rocks

Peterkro said:
I know it GreyBeard and I'm mostly on the other side of the world.
:)
PS isn't Matamata home of the hobbits. :D
Great Peterkro, Kapiti cheeses are always on my shop list too. And the hobbits very well could hale from Matamata, but Weta and 3 foot 6, are Wellington to me. On another aside, why to the overseas press talk of WETA, like it's a mnemonic? Everyone should know of our neat little prehistoric insect. They are adorable.
Grey Beard

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
Grey Beard said:
Great Peterkro, Kapiti cheeses are always on my shop list too. And the hobbits very well could hale from Matamata, but Weta and 3 foot 6, are Wellington to me. On another aside, why to the overseas press talk of WETA, like it's a mnemonic? Everyone should know of our neat little prehistoric insect. They are adorable.
Grey Beard
Some of them aren't too small and they have a habit of hiding in boots scares the pooh out of poms.Have Weta staff brought up all of Mirramar yet.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I have recently become addicted to Apple Pie a la Coldstone (Creamery).

Although Lee's Chocolate Chip is darn fine, too.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
Weta = Miramar

Peterkro said:
Some of them aren't too small and they have a habit of hiding in boots scares the pooh out of poms.Have Weta staff brought up all of Mirramar yet.
No, there's still a little left. As Peter J and the nob co-horts have a lot of Seatoun under their little hobbit belts though. And the minions are right into Mapuia. Heard recently that with Interlock Industries moving off shore, he's to buy that site. Just in from the cutting if you recall. Weta has opened their new custom built home at the end of Park. A little too Hollywood for my architectural tastes.
Until the end of last year I lived on Park Road for 15 years and before that, on Akaroa, up on the hill. Small world (a la Hobbiton) I had a PM from Blue Velvet, who's in London, and she lived in the next suburb from where I am now, and we had mutual friends.
Cheers,
Grey Beard

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
PNB

scem0 said:
Peanut Butter...

Peanut Butter makes just about anything better. :)

_Emerson
Haven't tried peanut butter in an ice cream Emerson. But in NZ we did make a curry ice cream to export to Fiji. Oh and I love homemade with real liqueurs, but then you don't take alcohol. Shame.
Grey Beard