Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
I have no favourite pc game that cannot be played on a Mac or console, sorry.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
By definition a Mac is a P(ersonal) C(omputer).

Windows computers have been referred to as PCs for well over a decade and MS-DOS computers before that.

Remember the "I'm a PC. I'm a Mac" television ads?

I don't dispute your definition but the common vernacular is to refer to Windows computers as PCs and Macs as Macs.

For example, if I was to post my PC specs on a Steam forum and a bunch of posts later reveal that my personal computer happens to be an Apple Macintosh I have no doubt I'd be asked why I did not indicate that in the first place, etc.

soulsyphon

macrumors regular
May 3, 2014
for me it would be a toss up between starcraft 2 and eve online.

though i suck at starcraft 2, i used to be good in brood wars

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Best 2 games I've played so far on Windows, not available on OS X were:
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Dark Souls II

Best game regardless platform, however, I think will be the one I'll be playing from 19th of this month, The Witcher 3, that will be released together for PC and Mac.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Right now, it has to be World of Tanks-- 15min battles, 30 players, exhilerating action without a huge time commitment although I tend to spend hours on it at a time, I can break off anytime.

world-of-tanks-background.jpg

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Windows computers have been referred to as PCs for well over a decade and MS-DOS computers before that.

Remember the "I'm a PC. I'm a Mac" television ads?

I don't dispute your definition but the common vernacular is to refer to Windows computers as PCs and Macs as Macs.

For example, if I was to post my PC specs on a Steam forum and a bunch of posts later reveal that my personal computer happens to be an Apple Macintosh I have no doubt I'd be asked why I did not indicate that in the first place, etc.

Agreed.

In addition, Mac Rumors provides posters the ability to specify Windows or OSX in its header. The OP of this thread chose Windows.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
I would have to say, i have a few depending on my mood.

Batman Arkham Asylum, -Story and perfect controls , voice acting etc.

Mass Effect 1 and 2, perfect mix of story, action and exploration (3 was a train wreck except for the citadel expansion)

Diablo 3, for those " i want to turn my brain off and kill stuff whilst watching tv" moments

Oblivion and to a lesser extent Skyrim for those " i want to turn my brain off and kill stuff from the shadows with an arrow to the knee" moments

Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic (Not Kotor), if i want an awsome single player RPG with lightsabers :D

Kerbel Space Program, or "maths in space" for when i feel like i want a challenge.

and every now and then, i fire up Demon Souls on the PS3 because , try as i might, i just don't like Dark Souls 1 or 2, but Demon Souls rocks.

I guess i just dont have a "Favorite" game.. sometimes i even fire up Sonic the Hedgehog, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, A link to the Past, Mario 64, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Blastcorps, the Haunting, Ghouls and Ghosts, Hellfire, Golden Axe or any of the other terrabytes of emulated games ive got installed... so many games, how can anyone have a "Favorite" lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.