*favorite Restaurants*

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Simgar988, May 14, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Right now I'm a sucker for red robin.

(if it's a local joint, please list town or at least state!

Cheers!

2. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Capital Grille

Too bad I can only afford once in while.

3. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

I always hear people (real-life people, not you internet people) complaining about this place, but I really like Black Angus, damnit! Their giant steaks and delicious mashed potatoes are awesome. I always come out of there cross-eyed and satisfied.
    [​IMG]

4. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I have never been to a Black Angus, and you are the first person I've ever known to recommend it. I'll have to give it a try. :)

In Austin Texas, I recommend Trudy's for Tex-Mex. Be sure to get the Queso, and their Mexican Margaritas are fantastic.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

May's in the DC area for Maryland Blue Crabs.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Home: Bone Fish Grill
    Chicago: Friend's Sushi, Weber's Grill, and Giordano's
    California: Stacky's Seaside (best Turkey burgers I've ever had)
    Texas: Riscky's Barbeque (seriously since this place no other BBQ has stacked up)

7. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I love Red Robin. Bottomless steak fries!

There is a chain called Smokey Bones that has some of my favorite wings. They are called "Buffa-Que". It's a traditional wing sauce mixed with BBQ sauce. They are wonderful. Too bad they closed the only one in this state. A friend and I managed to experiment and almost created close copy of the sauce, though.

If anyone is in Little Rock, try Frostop. They have awesome homemade burgers and fries, and still serve root beer in a frosty mug.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

In St. Louis, it depends what you're looking for.

Pizza: Imos
    Fried chicken: Hodak's
    Italian: Tough one. Just go to The Hill (Italian neighborhood, our version of Little Italy) and pick one, you can't go wrong with any of them.
    Burger: The Fatted Calf followed by Blueberry Hill

I don't think there are any chains that I would consider the best of anything. Chain restaurants are good, but there's always a small locally owned restaurant that's better.

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

In DC/NOVA area, Coastal Flats (Great American chain) has a really good Filet Mignon complimented by crab-cakes. Preceded by their spinach and artichoke dip, I don't think it gets much better (for that price range, anyway).

10. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Trudys is legit!

Houston:

Mexican: Los Cucos (the woodlands, tx)
    Italian: Carrabas
    Seafood: Pappas seafood house
    Barbecue: Rudys
    Pub Food: Bakers St. Pub

11. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

Absolutely Bojangles! They have the best chicken, biscuits and fries I have ever had. :D

12. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

I hope you like it. I think it depends on the location. Please let us know if you go.

13. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Back in Seattle it was Ruths Chris and Mortons, great food and awesome happy hours.

Now in Philly we have been going to Morimotos (of Iron Chef fame), Sole Food at Loew Hotel (mainly for happy hour, service is usually bad, but worth it for cheap food), Mortons again, Mccormick and Schmicks and Del Friscos.

Still trying to find out more places to go.

14. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

One I wanted to mention: In the town where I went to college, there is possibly the best BBQ I have ever had. The ribs aren't the best, but the pork BBQ is amazing. The name is the Little Dooey in Starkville, MS. College football fans may recognize it, since every time the ESPN crew comes into town, they rave about it during the game. It's a hole in the wall that is an old home that has been added on and expanded several times through the years.

Best ribs? Rendezvous or Neely's Interstate in Memphis. Neely's also has a BBQ spaghetti that is really good.

15. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I live in DC and steer clear of chains as much as I can, though when I'm in the burbs, Bonefish is definitely a plus, and Cheesecake Factory from time to time.

16. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

Rendezvous' ribs are amazing, I got them the last time I was in Memphis.

17. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

Cafe Winberie, Oak Park, IL.

It's not the most expensive place.
    It's not the fanciest.
    The parking is really horrible.
    It doesn't have the "Best" food, though it's pretty close.
    It's not American though you can get a burger.
    It's not French though the decor and the wine list could fool you.
    It's not Italian though the pasta is Al Dente.

It's... It's.... Fabulous! :D

My fave restaurant of all time. Many, many great memories and lots of great dinners and brunches. :):)

Brunches lunches and dinners oh my!
    Keri

18. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Best food I have been to thats not a chain has to be Daveys Hideaway in Palm Springs California.

Filet was perfect. Place I go everytime we are down there.

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

We've got those here, too. I've heard good things.

I can vouch for this one personally, although I've only been once.

20. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

All time favorite is the Benihana in Atlanta. I could eat there 3 times a day. Scrumdiliuptious food.

Best filet I've ever had, hands down, was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Went to the one in Vegas when I was at Nellis AFB. OMFG. Cut it with a spoon.

21. tikidoc macrumors regular

tikidoc

XOCO in Chicago, Rick Bayless' newest restaurant, based on the street food of Mexico, but a bit more sophisticated. I love all of his restaurants, but this is the cheapest and is really great food.

Get the Ahodaga. A sandwich of crispy bread, tender pork, pickled onions and arbol chili sauce served in a bowl of a spicy tomato broth for dipping. Then for dessert, get the Aztec hot chocolate and churros. The chocolate nibs are ground on the premises and mixed with spices.

Also, agree with Giordano's for pizza in Chicago. It is rivaled by Papa Del's in Champaign, who also makes a great stuffed pizza.

If you go to Martha's Vineyard, go to the Outermost Inn in Aquinnah. It's a special occasion place ($70 for 3 course meal) but well worth it. Great views, nice people, amazing food. My husband and I go once a year.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I live in the Boston area and the best restaurants are not the chains.

To that end, there's a number of small corner type places, like Rino's of East Boston. For instance, they have home made pasta that blows the doors off any chain restaurant's pasta offerings.

I don't have a favorite place other then what I'm in the mood for, Italian,mexican, american etc.

23. danielcox macrumors member

A pub called Firehouse - Exeter, UK representin'

24. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I have to admit, while I usually try to stay away from the chains, Carrabbas is one of my favorite restaurants. It's consistently good (at least the one around here is).

Otherwise, I really like Aurelio's for pizza -- Chicago based I believe, but we have a couple around here.

There's also a local sushi place (well Fort Myers, FL...I live in Naples) called Mr. Mee's that is excellent. Mmmm getting hungry :)

25. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Morimotos is fantastic. Expensive, but fantastic.

In Philly, try Le Bec Fin if you like French cuisine. It's considered one of the best restaurants in the world. But be prepared for a VERY expensive meal.