Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JASApplications

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Hey,

Just wanted to know what Twitter App everyone uses on their iDevice? I have always used Twitterific as I like the interface and more importantly it's free :D

However a few days ago 'Tweetbot' was released and it looks absolutely stunning! Also many people have said how cool it is! Therefore I'm wondering whether to give that a go! The bad news is, it's pretty pricey at £1.19!

So which Twitter App do you use and why?

Cheers
James

gks

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2010
Hey,

Just wanted to know what Twitter App everyone uses on their iDevice? I have always used Twitterific as I like the interface and more importantly it's free :D

However a few days ago 'Tweetbot' was released and it looks absolutely stunning! Also many people have said how cool it is! Therefore I'm wondering whether to give that a go! The bad news is, it's pretty pricey at £1.19!

So which Twitter App do you use and why?

Cheers
James

Pretty pricey? Are you serious? wow... cheap is all i can say about you.

I suggest reworking your idea of pricey.. a cup of coffee is hardly "pricey" for something that involved likely hundreds of hours of work.

I realize you're young. But seriously? You clearly have no idea about how things work if you think that's expensive.

If you do work. Do you feel like you should be paid? Or that work was merely out of the goodness of your heart? If you feel like doing work entitles you to being paid, then maybe you should consider the idea that app developers should be paid too. Just because some give their work away free doesn't mean everyone should. You need to put food on the table, pay for the computer and tools to do development on. This isn't free. Nor should the developers work for free.

This attitude that $5 apps are too expensive boggles my mind. People need to stop being cheapasses and understand that developers need to be paid or the apps don't get made

JASApplications

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
I should rephrase it as: Do I really need something that costs £1.19 when Twitterific is perfectly satisfactory for my needs and is free.

I'm a student so I don't go spending money on things I don't need.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009

I suggest reworking your idea of pricey.. a cup of coffee is hardly "pricey" for something that involved likely hundreds of hours of work.

I realize you're young. But seriously? You clearly have no idea about how things work if you think that's expensive.

If you do work. Do you feel like you should be paid? Or that work was merely out of the goodness of your heart? If you feel like doing work entitles you to being paid, then maybe you should consider the idea that app developers should be paid too. Just because some give their work away free doesn't mean everyone should. You need to put food on the table, pay for the computer and tools to do development on. This isn't free. Nor should the developers work for free.

This attitude that $5 apps are too expensive boggles my mind. People need to stop being cheapasses and understand that developers need to be paid or the apps don't get made

So after all your ranting, you didn't even bother mentioning the twitter app you use.

You have been very helpful to his search for a twitter app.

msjones

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
I use twittelator pro on both iPhone and iPad. It is a fantastic app with loads of features. I like the clean ui and easy access to features such as find local tweets using maps/gps, trends etc.

I have used this since it was first released and have never switched to another client. I will be downloading tweetbot to try but I doubt I would switch.

gks

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2010
So after all your ranting, you didn't even bother mentioning the twitter app you use.

You have been very helpful to his search for a twitter app.

I've paid for both Twitteriffic and for TweetBot. I prefer Tweetbot.

I also purchased Tweetie 1 and Tweetie 2 before they were turned into Twitter's official client and released for free. Altogether I've spent around $15 on twitter clients. I'd say the current promo pricing on Tweetbot gives it the best bang for the buck of any of the paid apps right now.

I didn't respond because you could've found any of the 80 million other "Twitter app" threads on here.

JASApplications

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010

Alright mate, chill out! I only asked for everyone's favourite Twitter App, I didn't want a lecture on what I should and shouldn't spend my money on!

And btw, in case you haven't noticed. I'm an App Developer so I probably know a lot more than you about the development area.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Alright mate, chill out! I only asked for everyone's favourite Twitter App, I didn't want a lecture on what I should and shouldn't spend my money on!

And btw, in case you haven't noticed. I'm an App Developer so I probably know a lot more than you about the development area.

Dont make statements like that, as has been mentioned in other threads you are very naive. Also, I understand what you mean by the pricing, however as a developer surely you'd recognize the hard work :confused:

Anyhow, I actually prefer the Twitter app (official), but have been toying with Tweetbot which is incredibly polished. I find myself flicking between the two, not sure why :)

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
People say it crashes a lot. True?

It use to crash on the iPod Touch 2nd generation and iPhone 3G. An update was released a few hours after the release of the app and the problem is fixed.

I have not experienced one crash with my iPhone 4. I've tried out almost every single Twitter app, and I've purchased several different ones. Tweetbot is BY FAR my most favorite. I don't think I've ever enjoyed using an app so much. I wasn't too big on twitter and I only used it a few times a day. After I purchased Tweetbot, it seems I can't put it down.

If you're going to purchase it, do it now. While it's still on sale for $1.99. The original price is $2.99. (Not sure what that comes out to in your currency)

gks

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2010

lol yea sure. Think that. I have an app on the store as well. I don't advertise it on here though. It does quite well without begging for sales by putting it in my signature. I'd go so far as to say you have a lot to learn about apps in the app store being as I'm actually making a living off of my app.

Must be awesome being 16 and able to assume that everyone knows less than you. Enjoy the ignorance while you can.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

gks said:

lol yea sure. Think that. I have an app on the store as well. I don't advertise it on here though. It does quite well without begging for sales by putting it in my signature. I'd go so far as to say you have a lot to learn about apps in the app store being as I'm actually making a living off of my app.

Must be awesome being 16 and able to assume that everyone knows less than you. Enjoy the ignorance while you can.

Enough with the pissing contest. You were way too aggressive for reason

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'm perfectly happy with my Twitter for iPhone app, but if Twitbot can send me push notifications whenever a certain person tweets, then I'd buy it. For that though (right now), I just signed up for the Twitter SMS service so I can get a text whenever that person tweets.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
I've been through seveal, tweetie, tweetie 2, osfoora, twitter. But now I'm using tweetbot and I haven't seen a slicker smoother more polished twitter app yet. It's definitely my favourite.

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
i love OSFOORA it seems to be the only app that keeps me hooked on twitter, the official Twitter (tweetie) app is awesome too for free IMO of course

Applepi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
I'm always on the search for the best Twitter app. I bought Tweetbot the day it was released and I can see its good points and how others will like it but I still find Twitter for iPhone the best app for my needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.