Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
So 2018 iphone keynote is iphone 11 Gold ???

i hope they bring something special features beside just new color /

sdf

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2004
Given the timing of the document, it's likely Apple planned on releasing the iPhone X in three colors - gold, silver, and space gray - but was ultimately forced to shelve the gold color option ahead of release due to production issues.

I would suspect inventory management reasons over production problems. Apple had trouble keeping the iPhone X in stock in two colors.

Sure, they ultimately went with red instead… but that could just be because red was a more shocking mid-year addition.
[doublepost=1523827604][/doublepost]
So 2018 iphone keynote is iphone 11 Gold ???

i hope they bring something special features beside just new color /

I don't know how dramatic the 11/X2 could possibly be in comparison to the X. I think it's likely to be a disappointing release if you're in it for the emotional swing of something radically different. But we'll see.

Samuel Clemens

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
Buenos Aires, Argentina
A gold iPhone X. A red iPhone 8. New jokes for Siri. New watchband colors.

Where's the innovation gone?

To the trivial part of the 'hood.

Mac Mini, meanwhile, gets no update, and it's a shame because it could be a great product to attract newcomers and people on a tight budget to the Mac side.

And that's just ONE example.

But nope, let's do an iPhone we already have... in colour RED! Yeah, what a great idea! And what about this other iPhone? Let's do it in GOLD! Just the same, but GOLDEN! Wow, such innovation and ideas! This indeed is VISION, fellas, we're doing great!

Duh.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
I think gold will always look tacky and low class on electronics..
I will never consider buying a gold color device na matter what.
also why they didn't make the red edition of X? that red looks so pretty.

pantherfalcon2332

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2017
Love the gold color on my 8 hope the next X gets it.
[doublepost=1523648628][/doublepost]
I wish Apple would make a blue iPhone. My favorite color, I would get it in a heartbeat.
yes, I really wish apple would make a blue iPhone, makes me wish project red was project "blue" :(

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
It's the only reason why i choose "gold"

To delay this, just means more people would be interested.

Niklas_nick

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2016
When you look at the side shots, the harsh contrast between the gold frame and the black display frame doesn’t look too refined and that‘s probably why they didn’t release it.

Might have worked with a black frame and gold back plate, but cutting the round side frame (that’s supposed to look like one) into two doesn’t work IMO.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I wish Apple would make a blue iPhone. My favorite color, I would get it in a heartbeat.

I'd love that. I wasn't a fan of iPhone 5c, but really liked the idea of having multiple colors.
The Red color iPhone is really great with the black bezel and the glass back, it's way better than the red iPhone 7 with aluminium back. I can imagine a blue back would be as awesome.
It makes life harder for them though. More models at launch means some of them get out of stock quicker than others, and maybe that's the reason why they sold X in only two colors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.