FE and EIT question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Mar 31, 2013.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I have looked at the DORA website for Colorado and no luck

I had taken and passed the FE exam in 2007. Apparently I needed to have submitted my transcripts to the state upon graduating (in 2008) to officially be an EIT. I have never done so due to never knowing until recently

My question is.....do FE results have a certain shelflife for registering for an EIT or should I still be ok to go ahead and register since they have record that I have passed (I have the paperwork saying I had passed)

Thanks for any that can help:)

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Just go ahead and register. Once you pass the FE you become legally an EIT. Here in Louisiana, LAPELS does so. However, we take the FE just (two or one semester before) before graduating and the college takes care of sending the transcripts.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

So I shouldn't have the issue of having to retake it (god forbid) because of the 6 or so years delay in registering?

I just don't want to be informed that my test result was only valid for xx years and I needed to have registered within that timeframe else I would have to retake it

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

God no. Take it once and pass it is enough. I've never heard of a case where you need to retake. Although, I think by now, you should be able to take the PE and become a registered engineer.