Fear Of Extinction... Im Trully Afraid

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by newmacnooby, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newmacnooby macrumors regular

OK well im in the marquet for an i5 mbp, the thing is it appears as Steve has forgotten about laptops and desktops and his only consern being the mobiles and of course $$$ and dont get me wrong im not judging after all he has a buisness to run and money is all, but so is my money.

The thing is im not sure oif getting a mbp now is the best thing to do... and i just cant wait any longer... the only thing keeping me from getting a pc (again:mad: ) is that i reaaally want to try mac for once at least, i just dont now if now is he time. im starting indusrial design studies sooon and i know it will the the job but for all the $$$ i want it to do the job and a little bit more...

2. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

Well the MBP's were just refreshed 2 months ago so buy one.

3. Jof macrumors regular

Just get a MBP and have done with it.

4. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

5. vant macrumors 65816

You made absolutely no sense.

Just buy one and stop worrying for no reason.

6. melvinchien macrumors newbie

im not too sure what you are worrying about. yes the mobile devices have been nothing short of successful, but the mbp's were just refreshed a short while ago. i dont think apple is going to forget about macs anytime soon. its what started the company.

7. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Just get the new MBP. These are great machines. You're not really thinking that SJ would discontinue the computer line, right? Stop worrying.

8. newmacnooby thread starter macrumors regular

ok guys i think ill be doing that its just its a mayor investment and going to college and all im really nervous plus im going to go study aboard ( to argentina) for 5 years in wich i wont be going back and tecnology in argentina is ver veeeery expensive so this is a mayor investment and the whole thing about apple not supporting pro users anymore got me all nervous. and i been seeing how many many apple users are moving back beause mac is just not cutting edge anymore.

an come on my fear is not without ground i mean mbp have not seen any mayor improvment in what 7 years?

9. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Food for thought:

Developing iOS apps, at least for the moment, requires a Mac.

It isn't going anywhere.

Buy it and you'll be fine.

10. newmacnooby thread starter macrumors regular

WOW you just cant believe how much your comment affected me and u know you are right. i hadnt thought of it that way but you are tottaly right... ok i5 HDR display dont let me down

11. vant macrumors 65816

If you didn't notice, Mac sales are rising. Your comment about Mac users leaving is moot. Apple is selling more macs then they ever have.

12. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

7 years ago we were waiting for a PB G5. Yeah, no big improvements at all.

13. newmacnooby thread starter macrumors regular

mac sales are going up because they are starting to be cool but a lot of hardcore users are moving out or so i read on this forum... a lot of people ar just thinkng that apple is just no pro users anymore.

14. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

Next rollout of Visual Studio will fix that.

15. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

I bought my first ever mac, a MBP 7 weeks ago.

It has revolutionised my life computing-wise.

SInce then I have persuaded my aged grandparents, my father, and my aunt to go mac.

Buy a mac and you will wish you had 'switched' years ago.

doris

16. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

17. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Uhh no, not what I've seen at all. If you base your view of the world on these forums, you will get a VERY inaccurate view.

The people on here who claim to be leaving are not pros, but specs whores: people who will buy a system based entirely on the fact that a particular system has bigger/more/higher numbers on a spec sheet.

A real pro, however, knows through experience that this is the worst way to buy anything. Specs can let you down: a faster processor is no good if the OS it runs on crashes frequently. A better GPU won't assuage the fact that your machine is built poorly and falls apart. A cheaper price tag isn't so cheap if you're having to replace your machine much more often over the same amount of time.

Pros who use Macs do so because they serve a specific need way better than any Windows machine can. Sometimes they require the UNIX underpinnings. Other times its the software packages. And, macs just last longer.

"A lot of people" are wrong, as they often are.

Meanwhile, a LOT of people are buying and using Final Cut Studio, Logic Pro, Adobe CS5, and Aperture. These ARE pro apps.

18. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

One other thing: Apple just came out with Safari 5, which includes new features and better HTML5 support. If they were ditching desktop/laptop support, why bother doing this? After all, there's Chrome.

19. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Your posting is a real embarrassment to college level students everywhere. Firstly, your usage of spelling and capitalization is atrocious! Second, you are a college student who claims that many Apple users are moving back. Cite your references son. I am not saying write your post to APA format guidelines but please don't make that claim, on a Mac forum no less, without citing your reference. It seems that you are uneducated about Apple products because last time I checked the sales of the Apple Laptop were soaring. I actually just reported on that for a class. You see them everywhere. Serious students and professionals who want a stable operating system choose OSX.

You are buying an Apple not only for OSX but for the customer support and the aesthetics of the design. A stable computer is vastly more important to me than if I can play Modern Warfare 1500 or whatever on it. If it loads my Photoshop brushes, and images, then I am cool. The hardware in the current lineup of Mac laptops, while not cutting edge, is enough for OSX and the software that that operating system uses. Couple OSX in an iGen laptop with an SSD drive and you have a winner.

You sir are a TROLL.

20. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

apple dominates the $999.00+ laptop market...and this worries you? I don't know of any "Pros" that use cheap laptops and I have worked in the entertainment business for the better part of the last 30 years...:confused:

21. BeanieMan macrumors regular

Ummmm, actually you sound more like a troll, to me at least.

22. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Nice!
    Thanks, I feel all warm inside now.
    Oh wait.. that's just gas.

23. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

You don't know the difference between mayor and major, you don't even speak proper English - what would you understand about cutting edge ? Mac is not cutting edge ? What do you want ? A mini LHC unit administrator from Geneva ? Or a super-computer from mission control from NASA ? Macs haven't improved in the past 7 years ?

I'm telling you - quit yapping about stuff you don't understand, you're just embarrassing yourself as a troll with very very little knowledge.

24. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Why take it so personally? It was just a spelling mistake. Who cares?

25. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Geez, I hope not! I have to work all day on PC's with VS2008 and miss my Mac. Then I come home at night and have fun in XCode, wishing my day job was iPhone/iPad dev. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.