Feature Request: sort by comment score

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by motulist, Jun 23, 2011.

1. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

I have mixed feelings about comments having up and down vote buttons, but now that they're there it seems odd not to have a sort-by-comment-score feature.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't think enough people are voting to make scores meaningful.

3. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

I am liking the new up- or down-voting system. From my observations the system is getting used.

I don't necessarily need to sort posts by score, but I would like to have a system where I can remove posts with a negative score higher than a certain number.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

For my part, I have to say I'm not especially enamoured of the up and down buttons. To my mind, the idea runs the danger of becoming conducive to the creation of the sort of atmosphere sometimes found among the audience of crudely populist TV programmes whereby a sort of "group-think" or "collective response" can influence the expressed attitudes, or even, the desire to participate, of the rest.

If a poster likes, disagrees with, or dislikes a post why not say so in words?

Cheers

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Wouldn't this jumble up the conversation? :confused:

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I disagree.
    Pretty much this. It makes more sense for maybe a comment section of something, but not a forum where a discussion takes place.

Plus, these votes aren't always completely accurate.