Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khammack

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2004
Portland, OR
Not OS X, but my company desktop isn't windows either.

-kev

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 280

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
Compile 'em all said:
Why all the shortcuts in the Dock? That's is what Quicksilver is for ;)

I've tried Quicksilver, but I just couldn't get used to it. I like regular old point-and-click. What can I say... I'm old school. :p

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
steelphantom said:
I've tried Quicksilver, but I just couldn't get used to it. I like regular old point-and-click. What can I say... I'm old school. :p
I totally agree, I've been running QuickSilver for a while now, but always forget about the keyboard shorcut, and end up just clicking.

::20ROGERSC::

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
M-theory said:
Albert Einstein didn't steal E=MC2, gimme a break...

the picture is of a neuron, I'm a neuroscientist, I think it is from the beginning of 'Fight Club', link please.

not sure if it was the Einstein picture you wanted, but if it was, here it is

I guess I'll move those shortcuts to my dock. I've noticed that some people have icons in the dock in groups with a gap inbetween. How do I do that?

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
BakedBeans said:
Just look in my signature :)

(thats my desktop btw) - im getting tens of PMs a day asking about this.... its not really stopped since ive put the details in my sig either

I typed the Thanks before I clicked on the link since I was on a PC. But I just clicked on the link and loaded a
"Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/dock.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

could you repost the link please?

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
BakedBeans said:
Just look in my signature :)

(thats my desktop btw) - im getting tens of PMs a day asking about this.... its not really stopped since ive put the details in my sig either

I love my dock separators.

XraggedX

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2006
South Orange County
buffalo said:
I'm probably missing something stupid, but what do I do once I've got it downloaded. I did option click on the link and it downloaded into some txt file.

remove the .txt from the name and it will ask you if you want to have it renamed to .sitx or .txt ... choose .sitx and then just uncompress... :)

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
XraggedX said:
remove the .txt from the name and it will ask you if you want to have it renamed to .sitx or .txt ... choose .sitx and then just uncompress... :)

I'm starting to feel stupid. I tried that and it didn't work. I redownloaded it and it's name came up as,

"invisable_fake_apps.sitx"

I tried dragging it to the dock but it doesn't stay/

XraggedX

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2006
South Orange County
buffalo said:
I'm starting to feel stupid. I tried that and it didn't work. I redownloaded it and it's name came up as,

"invisable_fake_apps.sitx"

I tried dragging it to the dock but it doesn't stay/

sitx files are stuffit files... it needs to be decompressed first... than you'll have the apps in a folder. use stuffit to decompress. should be able to just double click the file. good luck

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
XraggedX said:
sitx files are stuffit files... it needs to be decompressed first... than you'll have the apps in a folder. use stuffit to decompress. should be able to just double click the file. good luck

when I double click on it, word opens up with a document filled with code.
any other ideas? do you have a link on where i could d/l stuffit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.