Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nsense

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Yes. It is true where I live (Naperville, IL)

I just called Fed Ex (800-463-3339) and they said this package does not require any signature upon delivery.

I remember now, same thing with my iPhone 5 years ago.

No packages get stolen in the subdivision where I live. :D:p

Attachments

• Fed Ex.jpg
    Fed Ex.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 8,245
Last edited:

romwarrior88

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
Mine says:

Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Mine is indirect signature, which is good since that means my leasing office at my building can sign for it.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

I just called Fed Ex (800-463-3339) and they said this package does not require any signature upon delivery.

You ought to change the thread title to include "For Me," as it could be misleading for others since signature is generally required in these circumstances.

soleilvie

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
Is it true that FedEx must first make a delivery attempt before you can request to hold for a pickup?

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
My FedEx tracking doesn't say anything about a signature either. If a signature were required, would it say so on the tracking page? I ordered from AT&T, if that makes a difference.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005

Doesn't whoever sends the package say if a signature is required or not?

Who sent your iPhone? Apple, or a carrier?

nsense

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Doesn't whoever sends the package say if a signature is required or not?

Who sent your iPhone? Apple, or a carrier?

I ordered my iP6 through AT&T.

Fed Ex rep said, if my shipping label/info says "Signature required" then it is.

Not in this case.

AND... if I am worried it might get stolen, she told me to call tomorrow and pick a fed ex store to hold it for me.

----------

My FedEx tracking doesn't say anything about a signature either. If a signature were required, would it say so on the tracking page? I ordered from AT&T, if that makes a difference.

I ordered from AT&T too.

Fed Ex said - "no signature required". The driver will leave it somewhere hidden in your front porch knowing iP6 are being delivered on Friday.

and no need for Authorization Release form either.

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA

Fed Ex rep said, if my shipping label/info says "Signature required" then it is.

Not in this case.

AND... if I am worried it might get stolen, she told me to call tomorrow and pick a fed ex store to hold it for me.

----------

I ordered from AT&T too.

Fed Ex said - "no signature required". The driver will leave it somewhere hidden in your front porch knowing iP6 are being delivered on Friday.

and no need for Authorization Release form either.

Oh good, I hope he leaves it on the porch. A couple of months ago the FedEx guy left a package right in front of the garage door where I didn't see it until after I ran over it with my car.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005

Not in this case.

Yeah, it's weird (to me, anyways) how not all of the carriers will require a signature, but how Apple always does!

Last year I ordered from Verizon, and they didn't require a signature. Which was nice of them, because what they did require was that it be shipped to the billing address (which sucked, because I work during the day and couldn't be there when the delivery guy came).

Grrr. LOL

GonzagaDynasty

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, my Fed Ex tracking page said nothing about a signature either... And it gave me no options to change shipping arrangements.

Wondering if they'll just leave it, or...?

Better question is ( and there really is no way of answering this, since I never get stuff from Fed Ex) is when will they deliver it? Someone will be at my place around 3:30, I get home at 5:15, and I can buzz home for lunch pretty much whenever. So if they DO just leave it on my porch, I can run home real quick and minimize the risk of theft.

nsense

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Yeah, my Fed Ex tracking page said nothing about a signature either... And it gave me no options to change shipping arrangements.

Wondering if they'll just leave it, or...?

Better question is ( and there really is no way of answering this, since I never get stuff from Fed Ex) is when will they deliver it? Someone will be at my place around 3:30, I get home at 5:15, and I can buzz home for lunch pretty much whenever. So if they DO just leave it on my porch, I can run home real quick and minimize the risk of theft.

I get things delivered by Fed Ex maybe 3 or 4 times a month. Driver rings the doorbell, leaves the package, then walks away.
Same goes for my iphone tomorrow.

CharlieBrandt09

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2012
Southern NJ
Similar situation. VZW rep told me absolutely no signature required. I called FedEx yesterday w/ my tracking numbers and they also assured me no signature required. My tracking info does not have signature required listed anywhere.

But, the shipping email from VZW says signature required. Weird.

I am signing the release to tape to my door anyway. I also will be moving my Dropcam to my front porch tomorrow - just in case of shenanigans.

davisnc

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
nsense, it looks like our phones may have been together in Fort Worth!

Attachments

• iP6.JPG
    iP6.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 382
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.