Fed ex hell!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Littlenet, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Littlenet macrumors member

I have had a horrible time getting packages from fed ex delivered!!! This morning had to call corporate office. All I want is a package delivered on the day it has on tracking. Haven't been able to get my iPad delivered. Anyone else have problems? Last week a package sat there for 4 days beyond the delivery date before it was delivered.

2. Ava's Meeshee macrumors member

A wage worker probably scalped it. Don't worry, FedEx the company will reimburse you fully. You're completely insured.

3. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Yeah I hate Fedex, even when I'm home they often don't knock, just leave the little notes saying they need signature and I have to drive 20 miles to pick things up. This time I'm going to make sure that I print and sign a release from signature form and have it on my door when its scheduled to be delivered.

4. King Luis macrumors 6502

i find UPS worse. they've robbed my products a couple times needing to wait longer than expected, and they charge me an arm and a leg for duties and brokerage fees.

5. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I started having all my FedEx stuff delivered to my office so I can guarantee it gets signed for and delivered during business hours. Takes the hassle out of it.

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This is exactly what I do for UPS & FEDEX packages.

7. poloponies macrumors 68030

You're preachin' to the choir on the FedEx front. I ordered an item (non-Apple, non-iPad) from a vendor in California on the 17th via cheap FedEx. Saw on tracking that it arrived in Chicago (my hometown) in the early hours of the 23rd. Checked again today to see that it's now on its way to Wisconsin and has an expected delivery date of the 28th.

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Did that for the first iPad - which had a Saturday delivery - so it sorta backfired on me. Had to drive down to my office building that night and beg it from the security desk.

9. Bartman01 macrumors regular

They probably 'knock', just not very loud - and they don't wait long either. I can easily hear the doorbell or a loud knock from my home office. Whenever FedEx or UPS comes buy I only know they are there from the dogs barking, never actually hear the knock and they never ring the doorbell.

Had a scheduled pick-up on a miss-shipped item. First day, never heard anything - just got the note. Second day the dogs went nuts, so I looked out the window, saw the truck, picked up the item and walked downstairs. Driver was about to stick the note on the door and walk away by the time I got the door opened. So one light knock, no attempt to ring the doorbell and no second knock... Seems to be much worse with their 'rental van' drivers as opposed to the real FedEx truck drivers.

10. Littlenet thread starter macrumors member

Well this morning I went through fed ex corporate and they assured me it would b delivered by 2:00 today. They only have 1 hour and 10 minutes left.... I hate fed ex!! Is it too much to ask for to get a package on time?? Another hour and I will have to become a raging maniac on the phone!!!

11. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Remember your not the only person waiting for a package.... I do understand your frustration though.. But there are things that they can't control.. Weather, mechanical breakdowns, accidents and so on... I waited a while for my ipad 2 but once fedex gets the package you can't do anything but wait.. I KNOW you paid good hard earned money, but 1 more day is not going to kill you.... ( I don't think it will):p

James

12. Littlenet thread starter macrumors member

Problem is I go through this everytime with fed ex. I'm tired of this. Last week they held a package for 5 days before delivery. If there was a good reason and only happened occasionally then I can overlook. But it is everytime. In the last 8 days I have spent 6 days waiting on fed ex to feel like delivering a package that has said out for delivery. There is no excuse.

13. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Wow I'm sorry to hear this.. I didn't know the extent of your suffering with them.. After reading this I agree, THERE IS NO EXCUSE... That's crazy for them to hang their customers like this... But us as consumers, it's hard for us to be able to choose which shipper we can use.. Maybe someday apple will use UPS.. Not that they are really better but I've never had a problem with either of them...

James

14. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

How come my packages alway get delivered on time? Why don't you get it delivered to work?

Exactly.

15. poloponies macrumors 68030

It's a rare week where we don't have something delivered to the house (and/or work - and some things are just too unwieldy to bring home from my office). I have similarly experienced the "failed delivery attempt" phenomenon on more than one occasion at home. Waited around for a few hours and then opened the front door only to find a FedEx Post-It on the door. Given that the FedEx office is about a half-mile from my office I'd almost prefer that they not bother with the charade and just let me know it's waiting for pick-up.

16. BlondeLocks macrumors member

agreed ... all fed ex and ups packages are delivered to me at my office ... this is what I don't want to have to deal with.

17. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

It's after 2:00 -- did they get it to you?

18. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

+1 - Makes it much easier.

19. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'd do this but I work for a large office and the person who signs for it would not be me or even someone in my building. Deliveries go to a central office and then distributed by our own mail staff. A brand new iPad2 has a good chance of being stolen where I work.

Since its signed for, there would be no way I could make a claim. Unfortunately, scalpers in my city force me to order online as its impossible to get around them at Apple stores. FEDEX home delivery is an absolute nightmare and I never expect to get my package the first day its scheduled to arrive.

20. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I receive deliveries fairly frequently, through USPS, UPS, and FedEx. They are all on time, if not earlier than originally projected. My deliverymen are excellent.

How far are you from the nearest hub, if I might inquire? That may have a pretty significant impact. I'm about 30 minutes away from both FedEx and UPS, so that may affect it for me.

21. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

it's funny before I looked at your location by username I already knew you were somewhere in Manhattan or NYC

22. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I love FedEx. Have had no issues with them. Always get my Apple products before 11am. UPS on the other hand. And USPS? Oh god. Sorry to hear your issues. Hope you get your iPad soon!

23. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It depends on your driver for FedEx and UPS. I've had both not even knock (I was 20 ft from a door with a loud metal security door) before but they usually drop the box with a loud thud, ring the doorbell and run off before I can even see them.

24. barkomatic macrumors 68040

*Sigh* Indeed, Manhattan is an iPad black hole of resellers at present. However, its not just deliveries--everything seems to be more difficult here. And yes, I'd like some cheese with my whine thank you very much. :)

25. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

That's been my experience with UPS (2 different locations too).
    They've done everything you mentioned above PLUS more . . . . bad news.

My delivery experiences with Fed Ex have always been stellar :cool: