FedEx Estimated Arrival 23rd?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stohr, Jun 20, 2010.

1. stohr macrumors member

Im not holding my breath, but I found it weird how my dad's iPhone 4 is estimated to arrive on the 24th, but my tracking number shows an estimated arrival date of the 23rd. (see pics) I know people were getting emails from Apple saying it will arrive the 23rd, but this is showing on the actual tracking information. Probally will be held by FedEx, I would assume, but who knows! :eek:

Attached Files:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It will be placed on hold until the 24th. That's what Apple does on releases

3. 8mpg macrumors regular

damn...how many threads do we need with the same thing?

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

This is because it is overnight shipped and is the day that it would be delivered if there was no release date. However, to ensure delivery on the 24th, Apple ships it early and it is held (if received early) until released.

5. stohr thread starter macrumors member

I already read the posts about the email from apple showing 23rd delivery, but I didn't see any reguarding the FedEx tracking info showing it. Like I said, I assume they will just hold it, but idk why it doesn't say the 24th like others do.

6. bozzykid macrumors 68020

The hold date is always listed on the Fedex page. If it says 23rd, then that is when it will be delivered. It is possible for Apple to change this date later on, but in general the date is set when Apple creates the shipment with Fedex.

7. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal