Fedex Lies and is Unreliable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vampire5003, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Vampire5003, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

I hate Fedex. They did this when I preordered the Note 3 and they did it again. They told me when I called at 8:30 that Fedex was en-route, and would go on his way at 8:45pm. At 9:50pm I refresh Fedex and see the tracking changed to Monday delivery. I've been home the entire time, and the package has no signature required. Which shows the driver just didn't show up. This happens every time I preorder a package.

EDIT: The screenshot from UPS attached below is my cases/screen protectors that managed to arrive via UPS from Amazon Friday 9/19. But Fedex can't....

Attached Files:

2. uchosen macrumors 6502

UPS has done that to me a few times. My house must be the very last on the route :roll eyes: Worst part is you've just wasted your whole f'n day waiting for it only to be screwed over at the end.

3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I have also experienced this, although not with Apple order. They lie. Said they made an attempt when I was at home all day. Both UPS and FedEx do this.

4. Vampire5003, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! Exactly. UPS well the driver is friends with me, he used to date my sister. So even today right, look at this:

Those are my screen protectors and case for my iPhone 6. They made it here a little late, but AT LEAST HE SHOWED UP!

Attached Files:

5. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

UPS has never lied to me, but then again I'm friends with the driver. He was exhausted but still delivered my case and screen protector. (proof/screenshot is in my post above)

But lucky me Fedex had my phone and lied! I called and the rep told me that I wasn't home. SCREW THAT!

6. stickybuns macrumors 6502

I legitimately missed the delivery, and I'm going to probably miss it again since they want to deliver again on Monday (I work and I don't want it left on the porch where it can be stolen) instead of just letting me pick it up tomorrow.

Even if they gave me the option of picking it up, it would be inconvenient:
    Address on door tag is for downtown LA. Not too keen on having to drive all the way over there on my day off.

7. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well that sucks, but my package didn't even have signature required. That proves the driver just didn't show up.

Also I have home security system, at 8:54pm there was NOTHING outside.

8. EnderTW macrumors 6502

Totally believe you. Has happened to me several times. Not much you can do. :(

9. uchosen macrumors 6502

Cool. :cool: Missed mine today too. Picking mine up tomorrow in Anaheim (by Disneyland), luckily only about 15 minutes away from me.

----------

Yep, love that. "Customer not home, notice left" or some bulls**t when I'm looking out the window the whole day waiting. Translation "I'm running late, time to go home". :mad:

10. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly. You know the rep I just spoke to at Fedex had the nerve to defend the driver and tell me: "Are you sure somebody was home, it's possible they weren't". SCREW THEM! I hope Fedex goes bankrupt, the UPS guy who delivered my case and screen protector today was exhausted but still got his arse here at 7:01pm to deliver my accessories.

11. stickybuns macrumors 6502

I checked online to see if I could just pick it up, but the option was greyed out. Would I have better luck calling? Not that I have time to drive an hour downtown, but at least it's an option.

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

FedEx took good care of me. Estimated time my phone would get here was 8pm got here at 10:58am

13. uchosen macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if you can just do it online. I always have to call to pick up so they can put the package aside.

14. lke macrumors 6502a

UPS is better that is why the Apple Stores uses UPS

15. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have to agree with you mate. Screw Fedex. This is not the first time they've done this to me. The reason why I'm so pissed is they had the nerve to lie and say I wasn't here.

16. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

17. kenrobin macrumors regular

This is exactly why I opted for in-store pickup… I've been screwed too many times by FedEx taking their own sweet time to drop off my packages. You have to take the control back! :)

18. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed

19. simmonstwin macrumors member

Same exact thing happened to me , and we are in the same city (Houston). I called one of the supervisior and let them know that i was at home the entire time. They made the driver turn around and redeliver.

20. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow your lucky. They were rude to me. Did this happen today or in the past?

Did you get anything in today? Sorry for so many questions I'm just curious.

21. ZipZap macrumors 601

Fedex drivers (and most are contract and not employees) routinely take on more packages than they can deliver and have set cut off times.

If the 6PM rolls around, then they just stop. Sometimes they will try again over weekends but often not. The typical note on the tracking is (no one home)…

You have to call and complain!!

In DC, Fedex has a unpublished rule: They will never leave a package at a condo or apartment. Even if no signature is required. NEVER. That makes me the delivery guy as I have to drive across town to get my packages.

I avoid them if I can for deliveries.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You can't blame them for not leaving at an apartment or condo door as if it is stolen, it is FedEx who has to eat the insurance.

23. leenak macrumors 68020

Fedex, who normally leaves packages, did a non-ding-dong ditch yesterday. I was home, they didn't ring the door bell, they didn't follow the instructions given for package delivery, I guess they knocked once and left a door tag. It is ok though because I know they were in a rush to deliver packages and I was on the phone at the time. So I went and got my phone but I got my phone.

24. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I also had an issue with Fedex like this. I was told I'd receive my phone yesterday, but didn't. I called and I have arranged a pickup for Saturday because if I don't, it'll be until Monday. :rolleyes:

25. a2rob1 macrumors newbie

Sometimes fedex will deliver on Saturday. I have received plenty of packages from amazon on Saturday. Not to sure about the iPhone 6 though it specifically states: Deliver weekday. The packaged moved from Memphis to Austin which is 40 miles from the house..