Feedback app gone on iOS 9 Public Beta 2?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by kmichalec, Aug 3, 2015.

1. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Previously was on iOS 8.3/4 Public Beta, and had the feedback app on my home screen, upgraded to iOS 8.4 regular, then installed iOS9 Public Beta 2, and had the feedback app on my home screen as well. even logged a few bugs for iOS9 through the feedback app. Then, yesterday, I had to backup my phone, and upgrade to a new iPhone. When I did, before restoring the new phone, I upgraded out of the box from iOS 8.4 to iOS 9 Public Beta 2, and then restored from my previous iOS PB2 backup. Everything worked fine in the restore, but now the Feedback app is gone. I noticed this when I ran into another bug today I wanted to report, but it's no where to be found. Is the Feedback app not part of a clean install of iOS9 PB2?

2. greensalad macrumors regular

greensalad

No. This happened to me when I did an Erase All Content and Settings. I needed to redownload the beta profile in order to get the Feedback app back.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes ^

Reinstall the profile from beta.apple.com

4. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did that. Worked. Thanks!

Strange thing was, I never did an Erase All Contents and Settings. My new phone came with iOS 8.4, I downloaded the profile right off the get go and updated to iOS 9 PB2, then did the restore of an iOS 9 PB2 backup. Maybe its the restore that wipes the feedback app and profile? Either way, working now. Thanks!

5. greensalad macrumors regular

greensalad

Aren't profiles often for security though, like VPN? It makes sense for them never to be carried over, much like TouchID fingerprints I imagine.

6. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe. I just thought it was strange I could get into a situation where I have the iOS 9 Public Beta 2 installed on the device, but not have the profile for that Beta to go along with it. I never would have thought to check to see if the Beta profile had been deleted, since I was running the Beta.

Learned something new. :)

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

If you remove the profile, you'll get dev beta updates...if that's something that interests you.