Feeling Better About 6+ Size (vs 5s with Mophie)

TheBama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Got my case today, and it's not that much bigger than my 5s in a Mophie Juicepack case

And while it's bigger, it is still comfortable in my hand. I'm mostly a two-hander anyway, but I can see being able to do general actions with one hand when needed.

This is the Midnight Blue Leather case.

Last edited:

TheBama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I have the same mophie and a 6+ on order....this is encouraging
Yeah, I went 6+ mainly for the OIS as my hands tremble a bit, and am more of a date user than phone user so I think it will work quite nicely. If some of the batttery-life reviews are right I might not even need a mophie this go-around

Upgraded

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
Indiana
Got my case today, and it's not that much bigger than my 5s in a Mophie Juicepack case

And while it's bigger, it is still comfortable in my hand. I'm mostly a two-hander anyway, but I can see being able to do general actions with one hand when needed.

This is the Midnight Blue Leather case.
Awesome! I use a mophie on my 5S also and ordered the 6+
YEAH!!!!!

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Yeah, I went 6+ mainly for the OIS as my hands tremble a bit, and am more of a date user than phone user so I think it will work quite nicely. If some of the batttery-life reviews are right I might not even need a mophie this go-around
I was thinking the same thing battery wise. I am worried because I think i take 1 handed use for granted I am constantly using my phone 1 handed. I dont even use my ipad that much cause my phone is so comfortable to use.....but I barely talk on the phone and there are times when I get frustrated with the small screen.

TJ82

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Quite classy that colour. I'm not into cases, but that's defo a nice colour. Gz!

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I should have gone for midnight blue. Oh well. Maybe when the store gets them in stock I'll go swap my black one for it. That blue would look good on the white iPhone.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
Really like how your pic makes the leather look stand out. Looks better than what you typically see online.

TheBama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Ummmm... That's a 6 case, not a 6+.
You made me just paranoid enough to look. It definitely is a 6+ case. Says so on the package.

----------

Quite classy that colour. I'm not into cases, but that's defo a nice colour. Gz!
Other than the battery-case, I normally don't go for them either. But decided to get one to even out the protruding camera so it's not resting on that when I set it down.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Once my case arrived, I was convinced the 6+ wasn't as huge as people were making it out to be online. Once you feel the size of the thing in your hand, it's really doable. I think reachability will also help tremendously. :apple:

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
It's a 6+. It ain't the monster it's being made out to be, is it.

There's gonna be a lot of soul searching when people put their hands on Apple's flagship iPhone on Friday...
LOL. You've been the best promoter for the 6+, I love it. Keeping me motivated to keep my order alive!

PeteLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
Nice Post

Like the others, I also like the way the blue leather looks in your photo.

I've got the exact same dark silver Mophie on my iPhone 5 right now, and last Friday I ordered the Silver Plus and the Midnight Blue leather case. I think that dark blue case is a really nice match for the silver/white Plus.

Which color phone did you choose with that case?

Pete

wolfedude88

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2013
Indiana
Am I the only one still really disappointed that the new leather cases have the cutout at the bottom like that?

I'll still probably buy one, but I've never honestly liked the look of cases like that.

Also OP really like the color of your case, I have red leather case for my 5s and loved it at first, but it definitely isn't as nice as it was.

I wonder how the midnight blue will do?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Good lord. My reaction swings the other way, I never wanted to use a juice pack becUse it made the phone too long!

Well, only way to settle this is to finally handle them both on Friday, then there will be no more guessing :).

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Am I the only one still really disappointed that the new leather cases have the cutout at the bottom like that?

I'll still probably buy one, but I've never honestly liked the look of cases like that.

Also OP really like the color of your case, I have red leather case for my 5s and loved it at first, but it definitely isn't as nice as it was.

I wonder how the midnight blue will do?
Nope. I'm super disappointed too. I don't like those cases like that at all. Don't know why they couldn't leave the design the way it was. Bummer.

akhilleus

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2014
Every new thing I see related to the 6+ gets me more excited. From the announcement to cases to hands-on. It's exactly what I've been looking for in a phone. Just hope it doesn't feel awkward once I finally play with it in-store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.