Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Luxury modified iPhone manufacturer Feld & Volk and French fashion boutique Colette are partnering on new devices based on Apple's iPhone 6s, launching the new products on the same day Apple begins shipping out its latest devices.

Feld & Volk previously partnered with Colette to show off some of the Russian firm's modified iPhone 6 designs, and Apple itself worked with Colette for the first public preview of the Apple Watch nearly a year ago.

feld_iphone_6s_carbon.jpg
iPhone 6s Double Carbon Limited Edition

The new two new iPhone 6s models from Feld & Volk and Colette include a customized limited-edition Double Carbon version and a Dark Graphite version from Feld & Volk's WOOD collection. The company uses premium materials such as carbon fiber, titanium, and wood to build custom rear shells with lighted Apple logos for the various iPhone models, with prices starting at several thousand dollars.

feld_iphone_6s_wood.jpg
iPhone 6s WOOD Graphite

Deliveries of the two new iPhone 6s models begin on September 30, and additional iPhone 6s-based models will be coming soon from Feld & Volk.

Article Link: Feld & Volk and Colette Match Apple's Launch With New Luxury Modified iPhone 6s Models

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
How do they get that Apple logo backlit if they're not modifying the case dimensions? Crazy.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
If you read the article, its not a case for a standard phone, its a differnt body on the phone.
No, I got that. But if you look at the pictures in the article, it looks the same as an OEM 6S. Not only that, but the new case interior would have to closely mimic Apple's in order for the attachment points to work, so it couldn't be too drastically different in size. I'd just like to know how it's accomplished.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
No, I got that. But if you look at the pictures in the article, it looks the same as an OEM 6S. Not only that, but the new case interior would have to closely mimic Apple's in order for the attachment points to work, so it couldn't be too drastically different in size. I'd just like to know how it's accomplished.
You can see a very subtle bulge in the back when you look at the side pictures. It's subtle, and harder to see on a near-black body, but you notice it when you know what to look for.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Speaking of black... I'd like one with the rainbow Apple without the carbon-fibre pattern, please.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Wish apple offered a space black colour on their iPhones
Soooo, you basically just want a black phone. :D Much better than the made up color space gray. Only Apple can make up their own terminology and have it enter our lexicon. <-- That's hyperbole by the way. I know that all words are made up. Space gray just bugs the bejeebus out of me for some reason.

macfoxpro

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
USA
Off topic, but the "Hey Siri" works SOOO GOOD!! I have it sitting 15 feet away and am having Siri call and text everyone I know. She is spot on.
Apple killed it!!! Really liking this phone.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I love the rainbow Apple logo, but it makes me wonder: is it legal?

I feel like Apple would say that it's trademark infringement or something...

Reactions: Oblivious.Robot
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.