All iPads Fellow scalper what ipad are you buying :)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by silverf1re, Oct 25, 2012.

1. silverf1re macrumors regular

Simple question what new ipad do you think will bring the best return on investment? Mini or ipad 4? I'm leaning 4 because the most attractive piece of the mini is price point so if you blow that up high I don't think people will buy, on the other hand I'm not sure if the general public is aware of the ipad 4 because it seems to be over shadowed by the mini. Anyways speculation welcome here :)

2. JS3 macrumors regular

3. silverf1re thread starter macrumors regular

Ya really I have a three day weekend and I feel like making some quick cash ;)

4. Martyrd0m macrumors regular

Martyrd0m

Other then the first gen iPad I dont think there was much demand that wasn't met in terms of making a profit on resell. I would also like to point out you're a douchebag for the idea.

5. silverf1re thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know, the part about past supply. Not sure how this is any different than someone paying me to stay up all night so they can sleep instead of being glued to a screen? Anyways ill just get one of each and return them if they don't sell ;) cheers!

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

iPad 2 was the only iPad that you could really resell for more money.

I returned 12 iPad 3's - :(

7. silverf1re thread starter macrumors regular

I was wondering with iPhone 5 using some of the same parts if that would have an impact on ipad 4 supply.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

this. You will be wasting your time. When the original ipad came out, I was able to easily walk in store and buy one...I think these will be the same way. iPhone should have been your quick cash method

9. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Im in the same boat. I think I'm going to order 3 mini's. If I can't sell them, I just return them. No skin off my back

10. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Its hard to tell - worth a shot. I was able to purchase 13 at one time at Walmart at midnight (several hours before Apple opened). It would only be worth it to me if I could get several 5+ at one time.

11. silverf1re thread starter macrumors regular

Haha ya I can't believe some went for 1300+

----------

I'm leaning toward one of each. I'm going to be up anyways so I will just see how it plays out.

12. aneftp macrumors 68040

The iPad mini will be in high demand simply cause of pricing. Don't waste ur time reselling iPad 4.

Demand is much lower since most have ipad2/3 already.

13. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

good point

14. silverf1re thread starter macrumors regular

I love how this becomes a very engaging conversation of economics forecasting :)

15. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I absolutely loved the abuse the people doing this got when they were returning 5+ devices at the apple store. Taught those dirty scalpers a lesson.

16. mac jones macrumors 68040

I think these scalpers deserve their own forum, don't you?

Maybe start a forum for the crash-n-grabbers also, so they can compare methods.

17. pantherus05 macrumors member

18. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

nope - walked into Walmart and told them I would like to return these iPads - wasn't bad at all.

19. silverf1re thread starter macrumors regular

Ya they learned their lesson, right after they returned the ipads they lost no money on and deposited the money on the ones they did sell.

That will show em

20. silverf1re thread starter macrumors regular

hahaha did you compair someone that waits in line to legally purchase items to someone who criminally destroys and steals property. :rolleyes:

21. aneftp macrumors 68040

It's just simple reality. The mini is a new product and people like new products. The full size iPad is now on generation 4. Unless u want to sell overseas or have a shipper who can arrange to import over seas. Ur money grab would be iPad mini to resell.

22. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

to the OP: don't dream. Apple just sped up the refresh cycle of iPad, which has significantly lowered the perceived value of it. Tell me, do you want to line up to buy the iPad 4 at the first minute? Do you think about waiting for 6 more months to get the redesigned iPad 5th gen?

The rush to get the new new iPad will not be the same as any model before it. The iPad hasn't been a good thing for scalping, unlike the iPhone due to less demand.

23. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Time is money man.

24. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I don't think you'll really make much this time around. Since as you said.. The mini is only desirable due to price point. (And people are already complaining $329 is too high) and most people don't know the iPad 4 is coming out.. Not to mention its just a minor spec bump so don't except much demand.