Fetch

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Janneke, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Janneke macrumors newbie

I have downloaded a trail version of fetch, but I don't really know how it works. I keep getting an error about my FTP server - it doesn't respond or something. Can anyone help me out? I want to put my website online!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Wow, I didn't know that dinosaur was still alive. Try Cuberduck, which is free and open-source. I don't think you're likely to get any different results with it, though. It's probably a configuration issue, which is really between you and your web host. There's not much we can do.

3. Janneke thread starter macrumors newbie

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Fetch is very much alive and kicking. It's been recently updated for SL compatibility. I've been a long time user (a looong time), have tried others (there was a time where Fetch didn't support SFTP), but eventually came back as I liked the interface.

I'd agree the OPs problem is probably configuration. I suggest checking the passive mode setting (in Fetch > Preferences).

5. Janneke thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using the passive FTP mode, but I think the problem is I don't know how fetch or cyberduck works.
    The websites I downloaded them from do not provide anything like a manual, or at least anything that is helpful to an amateur like me.

Anybody have a step by step Fetch or Cyberduck for dummies explanation I could use?

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

What do you call this and this?