Final Cut Pro X: Keyframes for exposure and saturation?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by baryon, Jul 4, 2011.

1. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Hey everyone,

I've been using FPC X since it came out and I've liked it quite a lot until today. I just realized that while you can apply keyframes to anything that moves such as masks, and also opacity and things like that, you can't apply keyframes to two basic things: Saturation and Exposure.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Click on the attachment - you can see that there is no keyframe button for the actual correction values (such as exposure), you can only use keyframes on masks (and other things, but not color correction values).

I was editing a scene that gets darker towards the end, and I found no way to compensate for that by making the exposure progressively brighter.

What am I doing wrong?

2. fabutler macrumors newbie

Keyframe Opacity instead?

I had the same problem with a project of mine where I wanted the tint I applied to the video to slowly fade out. What I did was lay 2 copies of the same video on top of each other, have the color correction (or exposure in your case) set for the beginning of the video on the clip on top and for the end of the video on the bottom clip, and then keyframe the opacity of the top clip down so that your color correction (or exposure) slowly fades away. Hope this helps.